Poweramp alpha-build-703/704

maxmp

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/22/2016 at 11:34 PM, Elboim said:

Thanks for the quick answer!

I can see the playlists in Poweramp, but they are empty and under each it says "not loaded yet". When I press on it it shoes an empty playlist, and it's still not loaded even after I rescanned everything. When I look at them in my PC Notepad everything looks fine. They lead into folders on the same drive. Winamp, for example, can read from them just fine. It loads all of the songs and plays them well.

This sounds like a problem I recently had, and worked thru with Justin and crew at JRT.  I'm going to guess your running Android 6? I was having endless issues with the m3u files being deleted, or not syncing properly, these problems where fixed in one of the more recent iSyncr Android updates - so it might pay to check you've got the latest APK installed and try resyncing.

Hello,

May I please have a clear and simple answer to questions?

1) What implementation has occurred for the HTC 10?

2) Does the Alpha build use the internal DAC of the device or does it use the Poweramp software and bypass the DAC?

Thanks

17 hours ago, anonanon said:

it would be nice if there was a way to create file based playlists from Poweramp without having to create a playlist and export it

It would wouldn't it? I'd prefer any playlist I create or edit to be automatically saved to a physical file too (ideally using relative paths if I create it within the music folder structure).

Andre

Hi everyone, I'm new in this forum and I decided to register to give some suggestion to improve this app (which is already the best music player on Android IMHO, I hope one day to see it on WP too ;)).

I don't know if I should write here or in "future request" section but, since the many of the requests I'm going to make were included in previous releases and I'd like to see them back in this version, I decided to post here.

These are my suggestions/requests:

1) Repeat, shuffle, menu, search, Eq and 3 dots buttons overlay the song cover art; is it possible to add an "hide after x seconds" setting in aspect menu like in older versions?

2) Is it possible to make easier to understand all the new settings in the audio menu? Resampler Type, Res Cutoff FR, Dither, Java Output, OpenSL ES Output. Many settings but without any technical explanation :( Is it normal that 44.1 KHz tracks are always upsampled to 48 KHz, no matter which setting you choose in audio menu?

3) Could you restore the setting that allows to use Poweramp menus instead of default android ones? I think it's quicker to use because there are symbols and buttons are larger. Also, add the option to remove the three dots button for devices with physical and/or virtual menu button.

4) I never use fullscreen mode (I prefer having the status bar visible) but when I put the new visualyzer fullscreen I'd like the status bar to disappear. Is it possible to add the function to override "hide status bar" setting when enabling fullscreen mode in visualization?

5) I'm not sure about this but it seems there is a little fading when changing track, even if you disable every fade option in menu.

6) BUGS: sometimes music stops with "decoder timed out" error. How to fix it? Lyrics with MusiXmatch plugin don't work, "No lyrics tag found in the song" error (of course my songs have tags).

Aside from these considerations, congratulations for this amazing app, it's the best purchase I've ever done on the play store. :wub:

p.s. sorry for bad english, correction are appreciated! :)

p.p.s. If you need some help with the italian translation of the app I'll be honored to help you.

On 06/24/2016 at 2:04 PM, subguy812 said:

Hello,

May I please have a clear and simple answer to questions?

1) What implementation has occurred for the HTC 10?

2) Does the Alpha build use the internal DAC of the device or does it use the Poweramp software and bypass the DAC?

Thanks

1) I have the HTC 10 and HiRes is working well (output crashes after a while,  an app reboot restores it).

2) I really don't know well...  Looking for answer

18 hours ago, GreenDZ5 said:

1) I have the HTC 10 and HiRes is working well (output crashes after a while,  an app reboot restores it).

2) I really don't know well...  Looking for answer

2) You can't bypass a DAC. the Digital to Analog Converter is the piece of hardware which converts the digital data sent from Poweramp into analog signals which drive your headphones. Poweramp can only tweak codecs and settings but it's impossible to bypass a DAC.

1. HTC 10 24-bit output crashes pretty often. Also crashes resets track in cue-album (1st track again) and track position or switches to other album.

2. Qualcomm Aquistic codec/DAC support?

3. Need an option to save downloaded Album art to the same folder as source or embedding it in file, not to db. Optimizers tends to clean appcache. Also it's a way to free space cause music can rotate pretty often. I just want to keep music and art together.

4. Lyrics search when?

15 hours ago, brokenfragments14 said:

WhathA happened to brainscollector's Material Design UI proposal/suggestion? Will the new Poweramp UI be similar to that? Or the UI redesign will still stay retro?

I'm afraid I've not been able to any firm answer from Max on this. I suspect he already had his own specific ideas of how he wanted to update the interface (especially with regard to his existing plans for skin support). I did pass on the link to the thread several times, and asked if he could perhaps comment on whether anything in there seemed a good idea, but I've not seen any response.

Hopefully we won't have too long to wait to see what he's been working on anyway.

Andre

1 hour ago, Cerberus707 said:

Hi there, I just wanna know does s7 edge ( exynos version ) support hires? And after installing new v3 version volume level still pretty low , notably via bluetooth. Hires activated.

High rez audio has nothing to do with volume per se, it's a quality thing rather than a loudness thing.

Also as far as I know you can forget high rez output if you are using regular bluetooth devices (i.e. non aptX HD supporting) as they don't handle it; regular bluetooth is not really about quality it's about convenience. The S7 mentions something about Bluetooth HD, but it's certainly not full aptX.

Andre

Yes I know what hires its quality thing, but if activated its somehow turned volume up. My both headphones are ( sennheiser momentum 2 AEBT & Sony mdr10-rbt) supporting aptx codec and have very good audio quality. what about Samsung the previous flagships have aptx and I guess s7 will too.

IMHO Neutron music player sounds way better with wire , but in UI features and convenience cannot even compared with Poweramp, and I hope what my favourite player in final version will sound better.

10 hours ago, Cerberus707 said:

what about Samsung the previous flagships have aptx and I guess s7 will too.

I believe that the S7 supports only 16-bit aptX, not aptX HD, but I could be wrong. This discussion would probably be better in the high-rez audio thread to be honest.

Andre

Device: Lenovo a7000 plus/Android 6.0/MT6752

-tempo setting a bit off (playing ~1.5x even when 1.1x is selected)

-when downloading album art, it doesn't search for high res ones even though it is selected in the settings. Sometimes, the check box in the album art search dialog is unchecked and can't be checked.

-always performs license check even though unlocker is installed. Sometimes the check fails and the only way to fix it is to reinstall the unlocker.

-some visualizations become distorted (sometimes a portion is stretched to one corner) when hd is selected in the settings, but the same thing doesn't happen hd is not selected. (my phone's screen is 1080p)

Album searcher procedure with wrong parameters:

Active track - Album 1.

Media Library -> Browse to Album 2 -> Choose track -> Edit tag -> Album art: It searching for wrong cover using tags of active track from Album 1, not 2.

I have the HTC 10, there is periodic skipping of the audio that is not evident with other apps like Google Music. On Build 703

Edit: Changed to Hi-Res -- skipping stopped. So it's only happening on the default output

can confirm Poweramp does not work nice with HTC 10, hi res output often stops and app is unable to continue playing until the app is killed and restarted.

It's a real shame as I now have to revert to a different player for the time being until the htc 10 issues have been resolved.

As Poweramp is turning into an audiophile app, I hope it will fully support the HTC 10 soon, as that is definitely an audiophile phone.

1 hour ago, p50kombi said:

It's a real shame as I now have to revert to a different player for the time being until the htc 10 issues have been resolved.

You are commenting on alpha-test releases, if you have problems with them at the moment (which is only to be expected, they are for testing after all) just revert back to the last stable release build.

Andre

isn't that the idea of alpha/beta builds?

To report problems?

I'll happily revert to the stable release of Poweramp, but it does not support hi res audio, hence I have to look for different options.

Thanks for your reply though....

Archived