• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
maxmp

Poweramp alpha-build-703/704

665 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

If 704 is in the download horizontal scroll, I don't see it. I do see 588, 703, and an Intel-specific build, but no 704.

Added: I forgot to check the Alpha pull-down menu - no 704, just 703.

Edited by RBEmerson
Added further comment

Scrobbling has been stated as not fully working on the alpha test releases. It will be supported again by the time v3 becomes a final release though. In the meantime, it seems best to use LastFM's own facility rather than enabling the feature in Poweramp.

Andre

Hi here

ok, here is the deal:

got a new phone after my previous one got stolen

so on this one official latest LineageOS 14.1, NO google, no gapps, only Yalp and F-Droid...

and I am not using LineageOS default email client but K9 mail instead (i'm mentioning this as website license requires email account registered under Settings > Accounts for website license to work; with K9 my email account is not registered on the device)

I have a license for Poweramp that I bought from the website, as it was not working the 1st time I even bought a new one (I can provide proof) but my Poweramp (I use the 703 beta) still does not license

I do not want to install google and VLC is not an option - how can I remove limitations; I understand this is sensitive please PM me

er... should I use 704 beta on LOS 14.1?

thanks

ben

On 1/2/2018 at 6:02 PM, RBEmerson said:

If 704 is in the download horizontal scroll, I don't see it. I do see 588, 703, and an Intel-specific build, but no 704.

Where do I find a 704 download??? C'mon, this should be a no-brainer to answer...

On 1/2/2018 at 6:02 PM, RBEmerson said:

All you had to do was click on 703. It would have gave you the option to select 704

Click on 703 to get 704? Doesn't that seem a bit counter-intuitive? If that's how to get to 704, sobeit, but a "do this to get that" note would be helpful.

6 hours ago, RBEmerson said:

Click on 703 to get 704? Doesn't that seem a bit counter-intuitive? If that's how to get to 704, sobeit, but a "do this to get that" note would be helpful.

Just click on "Poweramp v3 (ALPHA-3 test builds 703 / 704) for standard (ARM-based) Android devices" in the Downloads section. 704 is only a very slightly modified version of 703 which corrects a few issues with high-res output on Nougat devices, there are no other differences between 703 and 704.

Andre

14 hours ago, beng said:

I do not want to install google and VLC is not an option - how can I remove limitations; I understand this is sensitive please PM me

If you don't want to use Google Play or gapps on your Android device then your options for authentication are pretty limited I'm afraid, only a couple of other email clients are supported (see http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/324284-restore-poweramp-purchase ). You would need to install and configure something from that list to allow PA to authenticate itself, and then remove it afterwards (and you would need it again when you install any new builds of PA, or ROM updates, etc).

Andre

9 hours ago, RBEmerson said:

Not really since the 703 and 704 APK download pops up. Just take your pick. Not like there is extra navigation involved.

Edit

"sobeit, but a "do this to get that" note would be helpful."

ahh yes, I agree.

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Just click on "Poweramp v3 (ALPHA-3 test builds 703 / 704) for standard (ARM-based) Android devices" in the Downloads section. 704 is only a very slightly modified version of 703 which corrects a few issues with high-res output on Nougat devices, there are no other differences between 703 and 704.

Andre

I'll repeat my suggestion: some sort of "here's what's here" is needed. At least in my case, and for anyone else not using Nougat, getting 704 appears to be of no value. For that matter, had I known 704 does nothing for my [/non-Nougat phones], this thread wouldn't have been started. 

I hope the next version fixes the notification bug on oreo..

The controls turn white and don't work.

Restarting the notification by changing notification temporary fixes the issue, but only until the music changes.

Please look into the problem if you have any spare time to look at it @maxmp. Thx!!

IMG_20180110_022842.jpg

我偶尔得到“解码器超时”.那意味着什么?寻找或过轨迹时生过一次。

(
I occasionally get "decoder timeout." What does that mean? Once in search or over track.)

Is it possible to use high res audio without upsampling?

I have a OnePlus-2 and the high res audio is running in 24 bit Snapdragon with 192 KHz support.

Upon selecting any bitrate it is shown that the audio Is being upsampled. For example if I have selected 192 KHz my 44.1 KHz audio is being upsampled to 192Khz.

Is there option to disable upsampling?

18 hours ago, Flowinglava17 said:

Is it possible to use high res audio without upsampling?

Not at present, all audio will be output at whatever frequency and bitrate you have selected, there is not dynamic setting available. Perhaps in the future when the app gets to a release stage though?

Andre