Poweramp alpha-build-703/704

maxmp

using the latest play store test / alpha version. the sound quality with equalizer configurations and reverb settings etc is very good on earphones/ headphones. But once I plug the output to an external ( 2.1 channel) speaker the audio quality gets quite bad with noise and distortion. whereas when i try the same audio with the default audioplayer the quality is much better. Do I have to do a different configuration in that case. I tried some and did not really succeed. Anyone faced a similar issue and have any solution??

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iam a new user of Poweramp and now testing the new test version --it took some tweaking  and i play on 24 /48  and it sounds great --- i play on samsung s7 and bower wilkinson p5 wireless----my question is  does the samsung s7   support  24  i thought it only went 16/48   any how great app and finish it soon so i can buy it   saluti from milano italia    Hanz

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried this out and I can ditch Neutron. Old UI is wayyyy better than Neutrons and the audio quality is no different to my ears. Can't use hi-res with viper so that's out but still sounds great.

The entitled folks here need to chill. It's worth the wait! :)

Hi, Im new in the forum but have years with the app.

Im runing build 704 in a Huawei G8  android lolipop emui 3.1 with DTS on and is wonderfull, just at the moment the isue with the album art in the current playing screen, is in black until i touch it apears, and again fade out and disapear, but thats all at the moment.

Hi Andre,

Wanted to run something by you.  I'm having issues with gapless playback only when the screen is off.  I've reduced the sub-second gap a little by playing with the buffer sizes, but it hasn't completely rid the issue.  Strange thing is, gapless seems to work fine if I have the screen on and PA is active.  If I turn the screen off, the slight gap returns.  I've also fiddled around with the wakelock and keep alive options to no avail.  Any thoughts on ideal buffer size to use?  Presently have the preset at huge, but I've tried everything from small to custom with 100ms buffer and all 8 DSP buffers active.

Music source is external SD class 10 UHC card and audio files are all FLAC.

Really hoping Max brings back the cut silence option in the next release.

Sounds like you've tried all the things I would suggest. If it works fine with the screen on (and the lack of Cut Silence means that is not always the case) then it must be related to your device dropping to a lower CPU rate which doesn't quite let PA pre-read the next file soon enough. You could try backing up and then reformatting the SD Card, and copying all your files back to it, in case that helps with read speed? if you do, make sure your phone is OFF while you do this so PA never sees an empty SD Card.

Andre

I'll try the reformatting suggestion but doubtful it would work.  This is a new LG V20 and the 120gb card used was also freshly formatted in the phone during initial setup with music files being copied to it afterwards.  I believe I had similar issues in the past on my Note 4 and the stable release of PA, but using the cut silence feature took care of the problem. 

Thanks,

James

Hi

i can't find high resolution option in opensl es output > bluetooth setting (lg hbs1100 or same platinum). am i missing any steps? Im using lg v20 h990ds Taiwan model running android 7 and lg tone platinum, both are supporting aptX hd and 24 bit audio.

Is there any way to activate 24 bit hi res audio instead of 16 bit?

Thanks

12 minutes ago, DJ_Cas said:

Could you please provide a fix for Android 7.1 and CM 14.1 where Poweramp just pauses the music after 5-10 seconds when screenlock is made ...

Android 7.1 hasn't been released yet has it, I thought it was still in developer preview? Using an alpha-test app on a beta-test OS is not always going to be a smooth experience...

I assume you've checked that wakelock and Keep Service are both enabled?   

Andre

Since we're still waiting for the another patch, I'd like to report (again?) what I've found during that (way too long) period between releases. But first:

Phone: Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (D5803) running Android 5.0.2

BT headset: Sony MDR-AS600BT

Bug list:

- Sleep timer's Play Last Song To End doesn't work (as far as I remember, since the transition to v3 Alpha).

- After the last patch, If the player was not used for a while, and you try to wake it up with BT headset button, it beeps, starts for a moment and stops. Next try works.

- After the last patch, external devices (such as Pebble smartwatch) can only start playback, after that there is no way to stop it or switch the track.

- The player can sometimes fail to play anything, resulting in no sound and either:

• progressbar works normally but visualisation shows no sound
  • visualisation shows full scale on all frequency ranges (still no sound)

the only ways to fix that is to exit the player and wait until process terminates or remove it from the processes list by hand

- Some issues with DVC + BT + MusicFX (no sound at all) but that wasn't as annoying as the things above

These things were found by me in the first days after the update, and they're still as annoying as they were a couple months ago. Other than that, it's great I've been able to get around the watch problem using my custom app for it, but that doesn't make it any less broken.

On that note, Poweramp API still isn't updated :) It was supposed to allow you to rebuild the complete UI, but I can't find things such as an option to control Sleep Timer or get the data from the "Extra meta info below seek bar" (which I use for showing the next track).

Please, it's the best player on the market, and I still love it, so please update us on the progress, and hopefully release quick patch for the known bugs, before going back to the major functionalities.

14 hours ago, RavMahov said:

Please, it's the best player on the market, and I still love it, so please update us on the progress, and hopefully release quick patch for the known bugs, before going back to the major functionalities.

Because this is an alpha release, basically for the purpose of testing the new audio engine, Max did not intend to release lots of incremental updates and bug fixes. He is currently working on rebuilding the entire user interface (from the ground up) which is around 6-12 months work. The last I heard is that he plans to release a new (beta) build no earlier than January, which will be to test the new interface. Then there will be various minor bug fixes etc before an official v3 release occurs. Once v3 is official, he will hopefully be able to start looking at feature requests via incremental releases.

Andre

On 4.12.2016 at 11:32 AM, andrewilley said:

Because this is an alpha release, basically for the purpose of testing the new audio engine, Max did not intend to release lots of incremental updates and bug fixes. He is currently working on rebuilding the entire user interface (from the ground up) which is around 6-12 months work. The last I heard is that he plans to release a new (beta) build no earlier than January, which will be to test the new interface. Then there will be various minor bug fixes etc before an official v3 release occurs. Once v3 is official, he will hopefully be able to start looking at feature requests via incremental releases.

Andre

Hey, thanks for the information.

Woah, that's a lot of time. Is he a solo-developer or something? Nobody to help him out (or the task is just not parallelizable)?

Anyway, wish him good luck :)

Archived