Poweramp alpha-build-703/704

maxmp

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello. I'm using alpha 703 build on Xiaomi mi4s (miui 8).

Hi-Res output works for me(Snapdragon 24-bit PCM) however I get some issues with it.

A minute or so after screen is turned off sound begin to stutter a bit every 10 seconds or so.

And I do get really massive(>2000 ms) sound lag(affects volume control and visualization delay) with anything other than 192kHz and lowest buffer possible(20ms/1 buffer).

Will gladly provide any info neccesary

log_playback.txt

log.txt

audio_policy.conf

Screenshot_2016-09-12-04-52-49-120_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

11 hours ago, STEFFEN said:

I use the alpha image-703-play version. In the notificationpanel, of a dark background, operation is difficult, buttons are black. Can you switch a signature for a desired color or a change to white as dark background?

IMG_20160912_005324.png

Have actually had this issue since the first Alpha but didn't really bother anyone with it since theming was disabled and the GUI is being reworked anyway.

1 hour ago, x1ld3n said:

Can we get some info about when we can expect the new build? I can not wait to see how the changed appearance of the player. Sorry for my English.

Unless Max has anything further to add, I can only really say "when it's ready".

Andre

On 2016/9/11 at 6:56 AM, STEFFEN said:

I use the alpha image-703-play version. In the notificationpanel, of a dark background, operation is difficult, buttons are black. Can you switch a signature for a desired color or a change to white as dark background?

IMG_20160912_005324.png

Poweramp Settings/Look and Feel/Notification/Notification Colors

Hi, I'm running alpha build 703 on a new HTC 10 and using AKG K3003i earphones.

I'm not sure I'm doing everything right but after installing and selecting the Wired Headset/AUX on Settings/Audio/Output/Hi-Res Output the player will upsample everything to 24/192kHz, even if the file is 24/96kHz.

Any other setting I missed? Is there any way to make the player reproduce music at the sam frequency of the FLAC file?

2 hours ago, dolama said:

Any other setting I missed? Is there any way to make the player reproduce music at the sam frequency of the FLAC file?

At the moment no, setting high-rez output will output all audio that way (even simple 16-bit/44K will be upscaled). A number of people have asked for this though, so if it's technically feasible I would hope Max will look into adding it to a future version.

Andre

4 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

At the moment no, setting high-rez output will output all audio that way (even simple 16-bit/44K will be upscaled). A number of people have asked for this though, so if it's technically feasible I would hope Max will look into adding it to a future version.

Andre

Thanks Andre, clear.

I also found out that you can manually set the output frequency to match the source file but that would be an hassle. 

great work guys. using Alpha 703 with my HI-FI setup (audioengine B1 + denon amp, full set of Monitor Audio 'Bronze') and already can't live without it!!

please don't forget to fix the UI. at the moment it's a complete mess. as a designer, I'd suggest to make menu layout static, otherwise it's really REALLY hard to navigate.
every window has it's own menu/settings panel and at a different place? lol wth.

I'm also experiencing some issues with unplayable files in this build. but I'm sure you're gonna figure it out in the end .)

this little guy became a beast! new sound settings/options made my sound system trully superior. you got my respect guys! keep it up!

oh, btw, there are quite some distortion on the playback while adjusting sound volume. meaning, it's getting too loud or more quite for a glimpse when you tuoch the volume controls. really annoying (using galaxy s4 android v.5.0.1)

On 19.9.2016 at 5:49 PM, wasterry said:

bug report.

if two albums have the same album name but from different artists, in the album view, the app will put them in the same album. even I put them in different system folder.

This is no real bug, but in 702 they "fixed/improved" it by adding support for the Album Artist tag, i had the same problem like you until i saw this change.

- Album Artist tag support. Albums are grouped based on Album Artist tag, where available. Album Artists category added as well (hidden by default). 

Just use Mp3tag and set the Album Artist to the same value as the Artist tag and then they should be listed seperately and without wrong songs in the wrong album :D

before.jpgalbum_songs.jpgafter.jpgmp3tagedit.png

BEFORE/ALBUM LIST/AFTER (at the beginning even the album images were wrong)

10 hours ago, Lither said:

I'm new to Poweramp as I just bought the app, I have installed this alpha version on my phone, which setting do I need to enable and how do I check that it is working?

You know it's working by the music coming out of the loudspeaker. :)

As for settings, that really depends on what options you happen to want to use - there are a lot of personalisation options in Poweramp. What sort of things would you like to do with it?

Andre

Hi

Phone: Oneplus 3

Installed the Alpha and recognized two things:

1) The default output gain is very low compared to version 2

2) The lockscreen info (original lockscreen/notification info) is with dark themes not really readable. Would be nice to have an option to invert notification colors

Unless it's working very very good for an alpha version!

Cheers

11 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You know it's working by the music coming out of the loudspeaker. :)

As for settings, that really depends on what options you happen to want to use - there are a lot of personalisation options in Poweramp. What sort of things would you like to do with it?

Andre

I mean which setting do I need to enable for Hi-Res feature and how do I check that it is working? As I installed the alpha instead of the stable version for this feature :)

1 hour ago, Lither said:

I mean which setting do I need to enable for Hi-Res feature and how do I check that it is working? As I installed the alpha instead of the stable version for this feature :)

It doesnt work on all phones, which phone do you have ?

The hi res output is in Audio --> Outputs and there you enable hi res for wired headset.

4 hours ago, Filip777 said:

The hi res output is in Audio --> Outputs and there you enable hi res for wired headset.

And you can confirm what mode is being used at any given time by going into the Equaliser screen and checking the notation text just under the EQ sliders, which will tell you what options are currently in use.

Andre

Greetings! I am testing alpha 703 without any issues, except that he volume control no longer works after the display is turned off or the phone sleeps. I must unlock the lock screen in order to change the volume.

Disabling the direct volume control solves the issue, but it turns off the Hi-Res output as well. Hi-Res output works only if DVC been enabled.

LG G Pro 2 (D838) / Original Android 4.44 (Kitkat) / Rooted

Hi-Res output rocks! It is awesome even if the FLAC been played is actually just a 16-bit 44khz - jet even this "upscaling" mode provides a significantly better quality.

Archived