702 alpha not displaying albums correctly

ael00

Hello,

I have an issue regarding the 702 alpha build. Ever since I upgraded to the alpha build some of my albums keep showing up multiple times in the 'Albums" view. This happens with albums that are compilations of different artists as in the example.

As you can see in the attached screenshot the album incorrectly shows multiple times, this is how it should look in the 'Album by Artist' view..

I am using xperia Z3 with android 5.1.1 and alpha build 702 of PA.

How can I fix this ? I didnt have this issue with the stable build, same album same phone.

Screenshot_2016-04-06-10-22-11-(1).jpg

Poweramp now uses Album Artist tag as artist. What is the Album Artist tag for these songs? Is it different (you can check quickly by navigating to these albums and using Info/Tags on songs within it). What is the format of songs? 

Also, please verify Join Albums is enabled in Poweramp Settings => Folders and Library => Lists.

13 hours ago, maxmp said:

Poweramp now uses Album Artist tag as artist. What is the Album Artist tag for these songs? Is it different (you can check quickly by navigating to these albums and using Info/Tags on songs within it). What is the format of songs? 

Also, please verify Join Albums is enabled in Poweramp Settings => Folders and Library => Lists.

Thank you for the reply.

Yes the album artist tag on these is different. The ' join albums' option is also checked.

Unfortunately deleting the album artist tag from the mp3 didnt fix the problem as I had hoped, it just shows as 'unknown' on the albums screen. Forum doesnt let me upload any more screenshots so I attached a link.

http://imgur.com/WRuMV58

• 2 weeks later...

Well in case anyone wanders why this happens let me know. Weeks later I still havent found a fix, even after upgrading to android 6.0.1, ended up deleting the albums that presented the problem. Hopefully this gets fixed in the stable release.

Archived