• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
maxmp

List of Android Devices with Hi-Res Audio Support (Internal DAC)

249 posts in this topic

Does version 704 work with Marshmallow?

Stupid question. Just read the page that said not outside of Nougat OS.

3 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

Does version 704 work with Marshmallow?

Yes. It's basically just 703 with a few extra tweaks to help make Nougat devices more compatible, but it should be fine on older devices too. I was running it on KitKat for a long time, and now on marshmallow. Unless you are running a nougat system, you probably won't see any difference between 703 and 704.

Andre

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Yes. It's basically just 703 with a few extra tweaks to help make Nougat devices more compatible, but it should be fine on older devices too. I was running it on KitKat for a long time, and now on marshmallow. Unless you are running a nougat system, you probably won't see any difference between 703 and 704.

Andre

Just installed it and works but I looked at settings and saw nothing different at all.

1 hour ago, utahman1971 said:

Just installed it and works but I looked at settings and saw nothing different at all.

Isn't that what I said? There are a few internal code changes to better support high-res on early nougat devices, but you won't see any visual differences at all (not even on nougat).

Andre

Just like to share that after researching, Xperia Z5 is capable of playing 24bit/192 khz but while using 704 build, My phone only plays at 96 khz. i hope its just a bug that would be fix in V3 update 

58 minutes ago, kdh0610 said:

Does Galaxy Note FE support Hi-Res?

Well the Note 7 did, so given that this is just a reduced battery version of that phone I would guess it probably does. Why they ever took away the removable battery option I'll never know, they could have saved themselves from the whole Note 7 fiasco. 

Andre

16 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Well the Note 7 did, so given that this is just a reduced battery version of that phone I would guess it probably does. Why they ever took away the removable battery option I'll never know, they could have saved themselves from the whole Note 7 fiasco. 

Andre

Profit and more cost savings, as always for these big companies.

22 minutes ago, ShivaStein666 said:

How do we view the Audio Info screen??

What audio info screen? The tags/info display can be found via the Menu in the Player screen, or long-press on a song title in the library. The Equaliser is found by pressing the EQ button near the top of the player screen, or via swiping in from the right edge.

Andre

3 hours ago, ShivaStein666 said:

This screen.

You've obviously found it now :) but in case anyone else wants it, press EQ button or swipe from right-hand edge of the Player screen and tap the little 'Info' (i) icon near the top right of the panel.

Andre

Hi res support :

Samsung S7 Edge SM-G9350 in Android 7.0  PA - Alpha 704 

In addition, Note 5 in Android 7.0 PA - Alpha 704 also work with hi res support

Screenshot_20170828-133551.jpg

Screenshot_20170828-134116.png

Thread cleaned.

Reminder: This thread is for reporting that your device/ROM works for high-res audio, not for reporting that high-res is not working. Please see http://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/8735-requests-for-hi-res-support-please-ensure-you-are-using-poweramp-build-704-before-requesting/?page=23#comment-42478 for the requests thread.

Andre

Alpha 704 HiRes support on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 SnapDragon MIUI 8

4 hours ago, damar said:

Alpha 704 HiRes support on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 SnapDragon MIUI 8

Are you saying this works for you in build 704, or are you requesting it? This is the 'confirmed working devices' thread.

Andre

Not sure if quoted before, couldn't see it, but Alpha Build 703 plays beautifully on the new Sony XZ Premium, right up to 24bit 192khz.  Gorgeous.  And with a pair of Sony Signature MDR-Z1R Headphones its beautiful.  Slight tweak on the base levels in the EQ........