Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. ZTE Axon 7
  2. stock (ships with 6.0.x)
  3. AKM 4961 HiFi Recording Processor+ AKM 4490 HiFi Audio Amplifier chips included for hi-res audio

/etc/audio_policy.conf included from the Chinese B05 ROM. The US/international versions should have the same chipset.

audio_policy.conf

Edit: just for note, with an actual US release phone in hand, it has the option for hi res audio for the internal Snapdragon 24-bit PCM, but not the special DAC chips in the phone.

1. LeTV Le1 Pro x800 US version

2. 5.0.2, 92Cuoco 5.5.014S

3. Hifi mode custom ESS chip

Le1 Pro Hifi

Poweramp shows as Snapdragon 24bit pcm, the device below in the audio_policy.conf mentions hires support - not sure if it means anything.

compress_offload {
        sampling_rates 8000|11025|16000|22050|32000|44100|48000|64000|88200|96000|176400|192000
...}

build.props audio.offload.pcm.24bit.enable=true

hifi mode switched on successfully under Android Audio settings.

However build 703 errors with hires output and switches back to openSL.

Thanks Max!

audio_policy.conf

• 2 weeks later...

1. Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet

2. 6.0.1 official ROM

3. official specs indicates it supports 24-bit 192khz output, alongside with DSEE HX upsampling (3.5mm output only), aptX and Sony's Hi-Res audio etc.

I'm wondering if Poweramp is able to upsampling a low bit rate file and then output to a aptX/Hi-Res bluetooth device, since DSEE HX doesn't work for wireless protocol...

z4t_audio_policy.conf

Hi,

Vivo X5Max

Android Version: 4.4.4  official ROM
vivo ROM: Funtouch OS_2.0
Software Version: PD1408F_EX_A_1.20.26
Kernel Version: 3.10.28
Compile Time: 06-05-2016

HiFi mode on: ESS Sabre ES9018-K2M DAC -  ESS Sabre ES9601 x2 audio operational amplifier -  Texas Instuments OPA1612 x2 audio operational amplifier with (A discrete DC-DC Charge Pump along with two low dropout (LDO) linear regulators  power supply)

HiFi mode off: Qualcomm PM8916

Thanks maxmp for this cool update.

Vivo X5 Max audio_policy.zip

Hi folks, I've not seen my device mention so here go:

I own a OnePlus3 hi-res is active on wired headset 24bit-192khz.

it runs oxygenOS (full stock)

the sound through my headset is just amazing.

I experienced the other option Java based but it gives some glitches like short electronic "tic" (hope you understand this) not the best choice of course but curious! The devices specs mention that phone speaker are drive by a Dirac components... Well really happy with Poweramp

fragargon

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I can't remember the minimum Android spec for properly supported high-rez via the OS, but I think it may have been Marshmallow (5.0)

Andre

Do you mean that Sony must have written bespoke drivers for their internal DAC as the OS didn't support it?

As the device likely has the best DAC of any of these devices :)

On 14/07/2016 at 9:12 PM, TeutonJon78 said:
  1. ZTE Axon 7
  2. stock (ships with 6.0.x)
  3. AKM 4961 HiFi Recording Processor+ AKM 4490 HiFi Audio Amplifier chips included for hi-res audio

/etc/audio_policy.conf included from the Chinese B05 ROM. The US/international versions should have the same chipset.

audio_policy.conf

I second this. I already use the high res audio, but it claims it's using the snapdragon variant. Would be nice to use the actual DAC chip.