Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

, Lenovo A7010.  За пределами РФ он же - Lenovo Vibe X3 Light. 

• Процессор MediaTek 8 ядер MT6753Т 1,3 ГГц 

2.  Android 5.1,  Lenovo Vibe ROM: OTA обновление 6.0  

3. DAC - Wolfson 8281   http://www.cirrus.com/en/mobile/products/pro/detail/P1403.html

Новый Файл конфигурации прилагается 

УПС! Открыл плеер, а поддержка Hi-res  уже есть!:)

audio_policy.conf

Edited by Gott1974

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

***UPDATED***

model: Huawei P9 Plus (VIE-L29)

android MM 6.0 with EMUI (Emotion UI) 4.1 skin/ROM (not quite sure here)

Hisilicon Kirin 955 SOC

HiSilicon Hi6402 audio IC (looks like it uses the same audio chip as the P8)  ** got the audio chip

Hi Max,

Just got the Huawei P9 Plus, released just about the first week of June and I was hoping you could check if you can get Poweramp v3 compatible with it also.

I have it running smoothly (in my experience) on my LG v10. When I installed it on the P9 plus, it only had the USB DAC option in the HI RES support panel though I'm still checking if I'm missing a few clicks on the phone's own settings.

I've attached the audio conf file for your reference. Hope to hear good news soon (as soon as you can in your own pace of course).

Many THANKS as always!!!

audio_policy.conf

Edited by kokopaps
updated with audio chip description

Onkyo DP-X1:

When i changed ro.product.manufacturer to Meizu and add empty /system/etc/audio_hifi.conf to fool Poweramp to think that is Meizu Hi-Fi device, I've successfully run Hi-Res on Onkyo DP-X1. All freqs up to 192 KHz seems work well.

So please add Onkyo DP-X1 (ro.product.manufacturer=O&P Innovations) as Meizu and I think that everything will be fine.

On 6/4/2016 at 1:20 AM, maxmp said:

Still, even with 24=>16 resampling by Lenovo (I guess, this is due to Dolby being 16-bit only, it supports 192khz though), Hi-Fi audio path is better, and I'm adding separate "Lenovo Hi-Fi" variant into Hi-Res output plugin (Android 6.0+).

Yes, You are right.. If I disable Dolby( Check in logcat and I see it switches Dolby to Off) the Netease Cloud Music can play and output 24 bit/ 192 Khz file because it uses compress_offload path.

With Poweramp Alpha Build 703 when Dolby is switched On, all will be downsample to 16/48. 

So can you change the Hi-Fi to commpress_offload path so it can play 24 bits?We can disable Dolby manually

Thank you @maxmp

7 hours ago, Gianlorenzo said:

Hey @maxmp I am using rhe Nexus 5X stock android 6.0.1 with the 24 bit pcm Qualcomm, but Poweramp does no recognise the hi-Res output. What can I do? 

@maxmp I 2nd this one, can you please take a look on Nexus 5X. It's a great device and I think it can produce Hi-Res with the specification that had been described by @Gianlorenzo

Thanks in advance.

On 27.6.2016 at 9:46 AM, XVortex said:

Onkyo DP-X1:

When i changed ro.product.manufacturer to Meizu and add empty /system/etc/audio_hifi.conf to fool Poweramp to think that is Meizu Hi-Fi device, I've successfully run Hi-Res on Onkyo DP-X1. All freqs up to 192 KHz seems work well.

So please add Onkyo DP-X1 (ro.product.manufacturer=O&P Innovations) as Meizu and I think that everything will be fine.

This method is also working for Nexus 5X. Now i can hear sound up to 192khz.

I changed ro.product.manufacturer from LGE to Meizu and added empty audio_hifi.conf.

So Hi-Res is possible on the Nexus 5X using CM13 but Volume is lower with hi-res.

On 27.06.2016 at 10:46 AM, XVortex said:

Onkyo DP-X1:

It works on my HTC One (M8) with Google Play Edition as well. But the loudness is really low compared to Snapdragon Variant and OpenSL ES.