Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 17/4/2016 at 10:54 AM, mipwarena said:

1. HTC M8

2. Android 6.0 Marshmallow stock rom (Sense 7.0) 6.12.401.4 + firmware ElementalX 7.0.0

3. http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8/general/m8-audiophile-thread-t2833054 plus http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2705613 "enable high definition audio"

Tested with Poweramp alpha-build-703: no Hi-Res audio

Tested again with Poweramp alpha-build-704: still no Hi-Res audio Output option, only AudioTrack Output and OpenSL ES Output

3 hours ago, mipwarena said:

Tested again with Poweramp alpha-build-704: still no Hi-Res audio Output option, only AudioTrack Output and OpenSL ES Output

You need to check the contents of the /etc/audio_policy.conf file to see what your custom firmware is reporting, and if that includes any high-rez modes then could you upload a copy here please.

Andre

Hi,

Poweramp alpha-build-704

On the famous Mi Max :)

Worked until the Nougat upgrade today. Now the option for hi Res appears. But says failed when I try to use it.

Suggestions? 

Fantastic stuff with hi Res support BTW, world of difference

audio_policy.conf attached

audio_policy.conf

1.ZTE Axon7(A2017)

2.Nougat(7.1.1)

3.processor:Snapdragon 820;containing

ak4490,the 32-bit 2ch DAC,accepting up to 768kHz PCM data and 11.2MHz DSD data.

Most of all,HiRes output had been working smoothly on my device,on Marshmallow(Android6.0.1)

Axon 7 mini 

Headphone Jack: 3.5 mm Hi Fidelity Sound Performance: Yes Speakers: Yes, dual speaker support Base support material: N-base material PlayBack Sound Playback Codecs: Dolby Atmos® Sampling Frequency: 192 kHz THD+N: -106 dB S/N: 120 dB Recording Channel: 2 channel (hi-fi), 1 channel (VAD) Resolution: 32 bit Sampling Frequency: 192 kHz MIC max input: 2.8 Vpp S/N ADC: 102 dB Conference Mode Directional Recording: Dimensional and Omni Directional Recording Range: Up to 8 meters (approximately 26 feet) Dedicated Audio Chipset: AKM 4962 4961 - HiFi main chipset to provide HiFi and recording features

Hello guys. I'm from Brazil, I use Poweramp for a good few years. And for me it's the best music apps. Anyway, I currently have Motorola Moto Maxx / Droid Turbo, running the android Nougat 7.1.2, but Hi-Res does not work. In Android 6.0.1, both stock, and Custom ROM, the Hi-Res 24bit / 96khz worked perfectly. After I upgraded to Custom RR 7.1.2 no longer appears Hi-Res options, and only works at 16bit / 48khz. For those who do not know, Moto Maxx has an snapdragon 805. Thank you very much.

1.XPERIAZ5(SO-01H)

2.Android 7.0 Nougat(Stock Rom)

3. クアルコムスナップドラゴン810

グローバルモデル

https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-z5/specifications/

SO-01H(nttdocomo)

http://www.sonymobile.co.jp/xperia/docomo/so-01h/spec.html

Hi-res output doesn't appear.

PicsArt_08-19-05.28.02.jpg

Edited by xelox
lack of information

1. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Snapdragon 625)

2. MIUI Global 8.5 Stable 8.5.4.0 (Nougat 7.0)  (Screenshot attached)

3. audio_policy.conf

Also According to GSMarena it supports 24bit/192khz and previously Hi-res was working on Marshmallow but after Updating to Nougat Hi-Res 24bit/192khz Gone. 

(http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4-8531.php)

Screenshot_2017-08-11-00-31-01-901_com.android.settings.png

8 hours ago, venkatakrishna said:

Why still no support for s7 edge exynos variant which has better dac than qualcom variant on nougat version waitig very much as i had much collection of flac and soon buying Bose QC 35 combination makes excellent sound experience. please add it soon

This is still an experimental feature, it won't work on all devices yet. Hopefully the next beta release, whenever that comes, will address many of the compatibility issues with newer devices and ROMs.

Andre

Hi, I'm new here.

I'm using the Xiaomi Mi 5 Global Stable Rom 8.2.2.0 which is based on Android 7.0. Im also using the build 704. The high res output failed immediately when I plugin my 1more Triple Driver IEM.

Am I missing out anything?

1502602521326.jpg

1502602570732.jpg

1502602685839.jpg

Edit: Tried the high res output with FiiO K1 and it seems fine. See pic below.

1502968475544-min.jpg

Edited by justanotherbear
Update

2 hours ago, justanotherbear said:

I'm using the Xiaomi Mi 5 Global Stable Rom 8.2.2.0 which is based on Android 7.0. Im also using the build 704. The high res output failed immediately when I plugin my 1more Triple Driver IEM.

Am I missing out anything?

I'll move this to the High-Res Requests thread. Your problem is most likely your Android 7 Nougat ROM, as this device was reported to be working wih high-res on MIUI 8 Marshmallow.

Andre