Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Samsung Galaxy S8+

2) Android 8.0

3) Qualcomm Aqstic™ WCD9341 audio codec combined with Snapdragon 835 supports an audiophile grade DAC with 32-bit/384kHz support with an SNR at 115dB and ultra-low -105dB THD+N and native DSD hi-fi audio playback.

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Very likely, yes in the next beta release, it's a popular device.

Andre

I have a galaxy s7 edge and I  have the 704. Hi-res. and its sounded really good. Then I updated the device now I don't get hi-res.anymore the sound is terrible . Please help.       VEGAS VIC.

1. Device model : LG-F800K, LG-F800S, LG-F800L (LG V20)
  2. ROM version (Android version, stock/OTA/Custom ROM) : 7.0, stock
  3. Why do you think your device supports Hi-Res (link to device features, etc.)? A copy of your device's /etc/audio_policy.conf file may be helpful. : AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_32_BIT, 48000|96000|192000, FLAG_DIRECT-PCM AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_24_BIT, 8000~192000 in audio_policy_configuration , dop FLAG_DIRECT|FLAG_DOP, AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_32_BIT, 176400|352800
  4. max output 32bit - 384000hz.
  5. LG's HI-FI Quad DAC have. and I'm sorry about Im now using stock v20. so i can't audio_policy.conf file.
  6. I'm really want your Poweramp. It's real hires output application! So, I bought your Poweramp. thank you!
  7. *please add* ٩(๑`^´๑)۶

Hi!

Awesome app ?

1. Sony Xperia XZ Premium (G8141)

2. Android 8.0.0 (Stock)

3. Sound

High-Resolution Audio (LPCM, FLAC, ALAC, DSD)
DSEE HX™
LDAC
Digital Noise Cancellation
ClearAudio+
Stereo speaker with S-Force Front Surround
Stereo Recording
Qualcomm® aptX™ HD audio

https://www.sonymobile.com/us/products/phones/xperia-xz-premium/specifications/

On 2/22/2018 at 4:11 PM, wiliestseven51 said:

HTC U11

Android Oreo 8.0.0 stock rom

supports 24/192 audio

I've seen posts that state the U11 supports hi res output on the dac but is it possible to output hi res to the Usonic earphones provided?

I can only get the dac to 24bit...  So,  I bought 3 more. I also use at least a 50-75 dollar pair of Earbuds.  I like my Sony's.  Must have a wider frequency capabilities so u can hear the big difference 

On 2/8/2018 at 0:00 PM, pyaganti said:

Hi,

Are you using Open Sl ES output or audio Track output? Please share your settings

On 2/22/2018 at 4:11 PM, wiliestseven51 said:

HTC U11

Android Oreo 8.0.0 stock rom

supports 24/192 audio

I've seen posts that state the U11 supports hi res output on the dac but is it possible to output hi res to the Usonic earphones provided?

On 23/02/2018 at 11:57 PM, Dean McQueen said:

I can only get the dac to 24bit...  So,  I bought 3 more. I also use at least a 50-75 dollar pair of Earbuds.  I like my Sony's.  Must have a wider frequency capabilities so u can hear the big difference 

When i use the Dac it registers as a wired headset / aux and no matter whether i use OpenSL or Audio track output it stays at 16bit 48khz. There is no option at all for me to change to a hi res output like on the HTC 10. I also used my Sony MDR 1ADAC headphones and it again does not allow me to output hi res audio. Can you share screenshots of your actual output settings? This is what mine looks like. I tried changing the USB DAC to audio track ouput but it simply does not output  It always outputs as a wired headset, despite it being an actual usb dac. (Im using the HTC USB DAC that they provide in the box)

Screenshot_20180227-191921.png

Screenshot_20180227-191918.png

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Exynos edition

Android version : 8.0.0

SOC :Samsung Exynos 8895

this device includes cirrus logic CS47L93 codec and I've got excellent audio experience with hi-res in Android 7.0 and 7.1.1 Note8 ported, but this function is missing in Oreo , lol~~

On 2/27/2018 at 1:26 PM, wiliestseven51 said:

When i use the Dac it registers as a wired headset / aux and no matter whether i use OpenSL or Audio track output it stays at 16bit 48khz. There is no option at all for me to change to a hi res output like on the HTC 10. I also used my Sony MDR 1ADAC headphones and it again does not allow me to output hi res audio. Can you share screenshots of your actual output settings? This is what mine looks like. I tried changing the USB DAC to audio track ouput but it simply does not output  It always outputs as a wired headset, despite it being an actual usb dac. (Im using the HTC USB DAC that they provide in the box)

Screenshot_20180227-191921.png

Screenshot_20180227-191918.png

Screenshot_20180307-033529.png