Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Asus Zenfone 3 ( ZE520KL )
  2. ROM version = NRD90M.WW_Phone-14.2020.1712.85-20171228 (7.0, Stock Rom)
  3. My Device is support 24bit / 192khz all ouput devices in audio policy but nothing detect hi-res output option, please cek this file audio policy and build prop my device. Thanks Dev
  4. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1RJ7I9U_o6WPMIptgXerGaIynadUUrkM8
  5. Edited After i using versi 704 option is appeared but failed. ASAP this will fix Thanks Dev Good Work

Screenshot_20180124-001135.jpg

1. Device model : LG V20
  2. ROM version : Android 7.0
  3. Why do you think your device supports Hi-Res (link to device features, etc.)? A copy of your device's /etc/audio_policy.conf file may be helpful.                                      Because, V20 is most famous of music optimized device. :P It has Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Sabre ES9218, supports 32bit 384khz.

1. Device model : LG V30+
  2. ROM version (Android 7.1.2, stock ROM)
  3. Why do you think your device supports Hi-Res (link to device features, etc.)?

the LG V30 sports another 32-bit Quad DAC in place of the built in Snapdragon SoC solution – this time in all global markets. Ignoring that “32-bit Quad” marketing jargon for a minute, the DAC chip is ESS Technology’s ES9218P, a familiar chip in LG’s recent flagships.

The chip features stereo quad parallel delta sigma converter channels with a 32-bit interpolation filter for a low noise conversion process, which ESS calls its HyperStream II architecture. For the spec insatiable audiophiles, the ES9218 boasts 2.0Vrms output, 130 dB SNR and -114 dB Total Harmonic Distortion, and support for up to 32-bit 384kHz PCM and DSD256 file formats. Of course, real world additional circuit performance, required drive from the amp, and input file type will affect these stats somewhat, but they’re impressive nonetheless.

audio_policy.conf

On 12/30/2017 at 4:01 AM, dwang040 said:

Don't worry too much about that for now. Since there hasn't been an update to the current alpha build, many things such as newer version of Android as well as custom roms, they don't support hi res output. 

Hopefully all of this will be solved in the next update. 

How do you enable that feature?

1. Asus Zenfone 3 ZE520KL  (ASUS_Z017DB)
  2. ROM Build Number = OPR1.170623.026.WW_Phone-15.0410.1712.31 (Android 8.0, Stock Rom)
  3. My Device has Snapdragon 625 with audio support 24bit/192khz
  4. Using versi 704, Hi-Res Output option is dissapear.
    I check root folder and found a change, audio_policy_config_configuration now move to vendor/etc/audio (I'm not advanced user, CMIIW). may be this can help.

audio_policy_configuration.xml

audio_effects.conf

On 4/5/2016 at 9:25 PM, maxmp said:

Your device supports Hi-Res audio _output_* (at least 24bit, at least 96khz sampling rate), but Poweramp v3.0 alpha doesn't support it?
Request the support here!

Please provide (requests without these items will be deleted):

1. Device model
  2. ROM version (Android version, stock/OTA/Custom ROM)
  3. Why do you think your device supports Hi-Res (link to device features, etc.)? A copy of your device's /etc/audio_policy.conf file may be helpful.

Please note, this is for Hi-Res output requests, just playback (with resampling) of hi-res audio is already implemented by Poweramp v2.0 for all devices/ROMs.

Google pixel2 XL

Android 8.1.0

Alpha build 703 play version

All the button are no affect, and colors  problem's

Same problem on stable version

Screenshot_20180201-003354~01.png

A waste of time anyone posting on here, I posted Sept 2017 requesting support for LG G6 with quad dac on Android 7, nothing back at all from Poweramp about this, everyone would be better changing their player to N7 player as it is far superior in sound quality on wired headphones to Poweramp since no high res support, this is coming from a big fan of Poweramp with high res support on LG V10.

15 hours ago, Dave B said:

A waste of time anyone posting on here, I posted Sept 2017 requesting support for LG G6 with quad dac on Android 7, nothing back at all from Poweramp about this, everyone would be better changing their player to N7 player as it is far superior in sound quality on wired headphones to Poweramp since no high res support, this is coming from a big fan of Poweramp with high res support on LG V10.

A lot of the device requests here will be addressed in the next beta release, but that has been heavily delayed at the moment due to the amount of work required for the complete user-interface overhaul that is being undertaken. Do remember that high-res output is only listed as an experimental option on an alpha-test release at the moment, it is in no way considered a feature you should rely on yet.

Andre

11 hours ago, andrewilley said:

A lot of the device requests here will be addressed in the next beta release, but that has been heavily delayed at the moment due to the amount of work required for the complete user-interface overhaul that is being undertaken. Do remember that high-res output is only listed as an experimental option on an alpha-test release at the moment, it is in no way considered a feature you should rely on yet.

Andre

Hello Andre

Does it mean lgg6 dac has a chance to be supported at the first half of this year? Do you need some kind of support for development or testing on such a device?

31 minutes ago, Varga Makhammad-Khasseini said:

Hello Andre

Does it mean lgg6 dac has a chance to be supported at the first half of this year? Do you need some kind of support for development or testing on such a device?

It means you have to wait. It's not like there is overly sketchy implementation for each and every phone (hence I question the need of the DAC policy dumps topic on the forum), more like a driver callback. 

As evidently seen, we've been waiting for over a year and there's a glimpse of hope that the upcoming PA build will have the hi res feature restored to its former Android 6 form, or function at all. 

So, wait. 

Lenovo vibe k4 note

Lollypop : A7010a48_S152_160302_ROW

I've recently found that the Lenovo K4 Note features a Wolfson WM8281 DSP, and the codec supports 24-bit and 192 kHz output. I use Poweramp alpha player and I enabled Hi-Res Output (Lenovo Hi-Fi variant), but I found out Lenovo didn't implement 24-bit audio decoding, only 16-bit output. Basically, it has the hardware to output 24-bit, but it's disabled at software level on stock ROM. I checked audio_policy.conf in /etc folder to confirm, and indeed there is no single mention of 24-bit ouput whatsoever!!!!!

audio_policy.conf

On 8/13/2017 at 1:38 PM, justanotherbear said:

Hi, I'm new here.

I'm using the Xiaomi Mi 5 Global Stable Rom 8.2.2.0 which is based on Android 7.0. Im also using the build 704. The high res output failed immediately when I plugin my 1more Triple Driver IEM.

Am I missing out anything?

1502602521326.jpg

1502602570732.jpg

1502602685839.jpg

Edit: Tried the high res output with FiiO K1 and it seems fine. See pic below.

1502968475544-min.jpg

Hi, it was working previously. But now im on Lineage 15.1 (Android 8.1) and it no longer worked.

1) Xiaomi Mi 5

2) Android 8.1

3) It worked previously. And im missing it now.

Hope to get a fix. Thanks!

14 hours ago, Adi711 said:

Hi guys, 

It would be great if HiRes support was added to HTC 10 Android 8.0 as the option has disappeared after update to new android. 

It's there. It just does it automatically now when u have the right DAC and/or headphones plugged in. I have a HTC10 and a u11. Works on both with the HTC adapter/dac.

PartialScreenshot_20180131-065116.png

2 hours ago, pendar said:

hi, does Poweramp supports huawei mate 9 hardware? my device chipset is huawei hisilicon kirin 960. can I get better sound quality output? my device runs emui 5.01 on android 7.  thanks. 

No, it is being supported on a very limited number of devices on Nougat, and yours is not among them. 

On 07/02/2018 at 4:23 PM, Dean McQueen said:

It's there. It just does it automatically now when u have the right DAC and/or headphones plugged in. I have a HTC10 and a u11. Works on both with the HTC adapter/dac.

PartialScreenshot_20180131-065116.png

Hi, 

Are you using Open Sl ES output or audio Track output? Please share your settings