• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
maxmp

Requests for Hi-Res Support (please ensure you are using Poweramp build *704* before requesting)

644 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Albert_Aguiar said:

I suggest everyone here post nothing more, do not waste time.

Quite. As I've said numerous times (and as you would have seen if you'd posted in the right topic, which is linked to in the sticky post at the top of every page) there is no ETA as yet, and it's pointless to keep asking for one when it is currently an open-ended timescale. It will be done when it's done I'm afraid, and then it will be a nice surprise for all of us (me included, I have no more insider information than you do).

Andre

1. Fiio X5 III DAP

2. Android 5.1.1

3. 2x AKM AK4490EN (32bit / 768kHz)

1. LG V20  (H990DS)

2. Android 7.0 (Stock rom)

3. 32-bit ESS Sabre ES9218 QUAD DAC

Failed to output Hi-Res format and restore to default output in alpha 704 version, hope can fix it soon, many thanks. 703 worked perfectly on my V10. Thanks to the team.

audio_policy.conf

LG G6 h870ds

ANDROID 7.0

Always get the error failed power amp high res output

I just got Huawei Honor 8 Pro.

It only supports Hi-res on USB DAC.

It has Huawei Kirin 960 chip in it. 

Pls. See this. 

I was using an inexpensive wsive Mi phone with SD650 in it and it had Hi res on Wired. 

Edit: I'm using latest Alpha 704

IMG_20171011_031553.jpg

Request for hi-res support on lg g5 H860(Stock Lg ROM) 

Android 7.0 

Its capable of 24bit - 192khz Hi-res audio playback but doesn't support on Poweramp alpha build 704 pls add it asap as i can't stand any other player other than Poweramp.

3 hours ago, Danke said:

I have the 703 version now an plays 24 bit high rez music files. Says so in the info and tags. Correct? check?

Poweramp

https://flic.kr/p/ZqZPxc  

That tag info says what the music file is, not whether PA can play anything in high-res on your device. Go to Settings > Audio > Output and see if the High Res option is visible and if it can be selected. Worth trying build 704 if 703 does not work for you, it's very device and Android-version dependent.

Andre

I want to know, if anyone at all knows the situation on the Huawei produkts, P10, Mate9, Honor9 etc with the Huawei Hi6403 Dac chipset?

It has Hi-Rez ability, but I would like to get some news from Poweramp about the brands compatibility since it is an Hua homegrown prosessor Kirin 960 compared to the more known Snapdragon etc....

1. ZTE Axon 7 (A2017G)

2. Android 7.1.1 (Stock ZTE MiFavor 4.2 - A2017GV1.2.0B06)

3. AKM AK4490EN built-in DAC

Edit: Although in 704 the high-res output plugin is present, variant correlated is "Snapdragon 24-bit PCM" instead of the AKM DAC. And it wouldn't go active anyways, as an error is prompted: "Failed: Poweram Hi-Res Exp Output; Using default output."

Thank you! :)

Also requesting the LG V30. I had high Res on my old V20 I believe. It sometimes errored but was 

Hmm. My bad. Got 704 now and it seems good. 

On 15/10/2017 at 3:52 PM, Danke said:

I want to know, if anyone at all knows the situation on the Huawei produkts, P10, Mate9, Honor9 etc with the Huawei Hi6403 Dac chipset?

It has Hi-Rez ability, but I would like to get some news from Poweramp about the brands compatibility since it is an Hua homegrown prosessor Kirin 960 compared to the more known Snapdragon etc....

I second that. I have Huawei Honor 8 Pro with Kirin 960 processor as stated in my post above. Pls add support for us.

Screenshot_20171018-023351.png

1.Highscreen Fest XL

2.Android 7.0 stock

3. DAC - ESS 9118, like LG V20

1) LG V30

2) Android 7.1.2

3) SABRE ES9218P

I tried enabling Hi Res Output and it fails to play.