Poweramp alpha-build-702

maxmp

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Kai Rafael said:

Hello? Why I can't apply skins and themes in Poweramp?

You can, just use the release build.

Skins will be supported in PA v3 once the new user interface is completed and it is officially released, but not in the current alpha-test versions which were released mainly to test new audio features.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Den184 said:

Tell me when you plan to output alpha v4 version or full version will be released?

There's no specific schedule I'm afraid, software development is hard to timeline! The last info I got from the dev is that the next release (first beta test, with new user interface) should be sometime in January, he hopes.

Andre

10 minutes ago, Matt909 said:

Lock screen album cover art Can not draw?

Now lock screen is also ineffective, can not be opened, opened useless

Try using the Android lockscreen rather than the Poweramp one, see if that helps. Go to Poweramp Settings > Lock Screen

Andre

21 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Try using the Android lockscreen rather than the Poweramp one, see if that helps. Go to Poweramp Settings > Lock Screen

Andre

The Android lockscreen  is good. 

The Poweramp lockscreen can not be enabled, It doesn't work.

22 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

The Poweramp lockscreen ,It seems to work。

But in the  lock screen interface, the album cover is stretched. It looks a bit uncoordinated

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 4:16 PM, andrewilley said:

There's no specific schedule I'm afraid, software development is hard to timeline! The last info I got from the dev is that the next release (first beta test, with new user interface) should be sometime in January, he hopes.

Andre

thank you very much for the information

On 22/3/2016 at 4:42 AM, maxmp said:

Alpha2 F.A.Q.

Q. Poweramp v2 always has been able to play Hi-Res Audio, what is actually added in Alpha2?

A. Poweramp v2 can decode Hi-Res Audio, but it's always resampled back to 16bit/48 (or 44.1) khz as previously device+ROM combination couldn't output more than that.

Alpha2 build can actually output Hi-Res (24bit/192khz, depedning on the device) via smartphone Hi-Res DAC to wired headset/headphones.

Q. What smartphones have internal Hi-Res DAC?

A. Samsung Galaxy (S5/S6/S7 and variants), Note4/5 

LG G2/3/4, V10

Sony Z3/Z4/Z5 and variants

HTC One A9/M9

Some MTK based devices (with appropriate hardware and ro.mtk_besloudness_support=1) (e.g. Highscreen Boost3).

All the above devices should be on Android 5+, with the exception of LG G2, which is Hi-Res capable on Android 4.4.

The bold ones are tested/confirmed. Due to the variety in Hi-Res implementations, internal Hi-Res can also work on devices not listed here. If you open Poweramp Audio Settings => Output and you can see Wired Headset/AUX in Hi-Res Output (Experimental), then it's supported.

Poweramp alpha2 actually implements multiple Hi-Res variants:

- Snapdragon variant (LG/Sony/HTC devices). (Btw. many Snapdragon-based devices actually has Hi-Res capable hardware (e.g. latest Nexuses), but it's disabled in software)

- Samsung UHQA variant (it's a separate codepath even on Samsung Snapdragon-based devices)

- Sony Hi-Res variant (96khz only, Sony can also do 192khz in Snapdragon-variant mode - without DVC)

- MTK variant

- USB DAC variant (external Hi-Res DACs)

The DVC option is supported on some devices (Samsungs, Sonys, MTKs, USB DACs), but not on others (HTCs, LGs)

Q. Are these devices actually output Hi-Res audio or is this fake?

These are Frequency Analysis screenshots taken by capturing Poweramp alpha2 while playing 0-96khz sine sweep, encoded as 24bit/192khz flac on Headset/AUX output with Hi-Res capable sound card (Asus X5) @ 192khz.

Samsung S6 Edge:

s6edge.png

Samsung S7 Edge (Exynos):

s7edge.png

Sony Z5 Premium (it's DVC capable output is only 96khz, it can do 192khz output as well, though, w/o DVC):

sonyz5p.png

Q. What about planned UI changes?

A. I'm on it and that will be focus of the next release (that would be beta1). And the last beta would be beta2 with Remote Playback/Cloud Storages support.

UI udah bagus tapi pass bass dibuat max langsung keluar bug di suara

1 hour ago, aciDevil said:

I'm asking you add "copy to directory" for insert files.

I have a directory where i safe best tracks, but now i must use another programm for copy.

Poweramp is not intended to be a File Manager program, so that's not a feature I would expect to see in it any time soon.

Andre

7 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Poweramp is not intended to be a File Manager program, so that's not a feature I would expect to see in it any time soon.

Andre

Instead that Poweramp has "delete" function...

Ok, may be you can add "invert selection" (I have more than 1000 tracks therefore I can't check them all for delete)? so i should delete all another tracks and safe best.

You can multi-select songs when using the simple Delete menu function in Poweramp from any list display. Then click the 'Select All' button, and then go through and deselect the ones you want to keep before finally pressing the "Delete (nnn)" button at the bottom of the screen.

Personally though, I'd use a proper full-featured file manager app for such extensive file handling work, as you are getting a bit beyond the simple song management that Pioweramp offers and into file explorer territory.

Andre

37 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

You can multi-select songs when using the simple Delete menu function in Poweramp from any list display. Then click the 'Select All' button, and then go through and deselect the ones you want to keep before finally pressing the "Delete (nnn)" button at the bottom of the screen.

Personally though, I'd use a proper full-featured file manager app for such extensive file handling work, as you are getting a bit beyond the simple song management that Pioweramp offers and into file explorer territory.

Andre

I cant use it like you offer. When im listening tracks i put it 5 stars (for best tracks), when i have listened all tracks on memory card i copy one by one all best tracks. its very very hard work! }))

Therefore i cant choose all and then find whitch i need. easy if i should copy or invert selected tracks (best tracks).

Hope you will help me!

41 minutes ago, aciDevil said:

I cant use it like you offer. When im listening tracks i put it 5 stars (for best tracks), when i have listened all tracks on memory card i copy one by one all best tracks. its very very hard work! }))

OK, here's now I'd attempt that task. It's very easy, but I've broken it down into very basic steps anyway so I can explain how the features work:

1) When you initially copy your new music onto your phone, put it in some specific folder in the music directory on your SD Card. That way you will not be fighting with all the rest of your music collection when you do this. (If you do want to see everything on your device though, just use 'All Songs' mode instead of 'Folders' in the following steps)

2) In Folders mode, play and put ratings on any songs that you want to keep, leaving the songs that you don't want unrated. This can be done over time of course, no rush.

3) When you are ready, in the 'Folders' library view, choose the folder you created so you can see all of the songs you have been working on (both the ones you want to keep, mixed up with the ones you want to delete).

4) Set the sort order for songs within folders to "By Rating". You do this by tapping Menu > List Options. This isn't essential, but it will put all of the rated songs at the top of the list and thus make the next steps easier.

5) Tap Menu > Delete to enter the multi-select file-deletion mode.

6) You have two choices now, depending on whether there are more 'keepers' than 'deleters'. Tapping on any song will select/deselect it from the planned deletion list, so if you intend to delete the majority of the files it might be easier to tap 'Select All' before commencing, then you only need to deselect the keepers.

7) Once you have selected all the songs you wish to delete, tap the 'Delete' button at the bottom of the screen to finish, You will see a final prompt of how many files you are about to delete before confirming the action.

Sorry that's a lot of steps, but it took longer to explain than it does to actually do it. :)

Andre 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new so go easy! 

I have an issue on samsung galaxy s7 edge (Exynos).

There is an issue on android 7, when there is a lot of bass the actual high audio dampens.

Android version 6.0 allowed me to use high res experimental support and I didnt have this problem, and android 7 no longer allows me to use this option. (I previously downgraded to 6.0 just to keep this feature and have better bass.

Android 6.0: (192khz)

Screenshot_20170228-032008.png

And now (android 7) (48khz, unchangeable)

Screenshot_20170228-041245.png

Can someone please advise me whats wrong, or what I am doing wrong?

This is no doubt my favourate app on the app store! I need this app to work :). How else am I going to go deaf with the bass and annoy other drivers with my subs?

Thanks.

Most likely you are pushing the output levels beyond 100%, so somewhere in the audio path the overall level is getting reduced to prevent clipping, I would suggest you try reducing the pre-amp gain so you can still have your bass boosted but without it reaching 100% digital level. With high-res output (so 24 bit instead of 16 bit volume steps) this would be far less likely to happen as there's a lot more headroom. If you are still on PA build 703, try downloading 704 as that helps with experimental high-res output on some Nougat systems (but not all as yet).

Andre

18 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Most likely you are pushing the output levels beyond 100%, so somewhere in the audio path the overall level is getting reduced to prevent clipping, I would suggest you try reducing the pre-amp gain so you can still have your bass boosted but without it reaching 100% digital level. With high-res output (so 24 bit instead of 16 bit volume steps) this would be far less likely to happen as there's a lot more headroom. If you are still on PA build 703, try downloading 704 as that helps with experimental high-res output on some Nougat systems (but not all as yet).

Andre

Brilliant! Thanks Andre! Build 704 fixed everything :). 

Your company really do fantastic work. Just want to let you know how appreciative I am of Poweramp.

Thanks again! 

John

Archived