Will V3 finally be a competitor to USB Audio Player?

verycoolalan

So from what I understand all of my 24Bit 192/96/44 lossless music is only being played at 16 bit, I thought Poweramp could fully play the music .

But the only app does manages to play the full frequency is "USB Audio Player" which claims to be able to play all music to an external DAC. 

So my question is if this is true, is V2 of Poweramp only playing at 16 bit? And with V3 will it finally be fixed.

Yes, the current release of Poweramp processes its audio output as 16 bit, just like most music products do. The new v3 release will support 24-bit audio on certain Android devices that have this facility built-in. However I have no idea whether any specific third-party external DAC products will be supported.

Andre

While alpha2 is capable of Hi-Res playback on USB DACs, it's not the focus of it - the focus is internal smartphone DAC (the one which is already in the phone and connected to wired headset). USB DAC functionality is very limited in Poweramp, fully supported on Android 6.0 only.

USB Audio Player excels on direct playback on USB DAC, on various Android versions, and it does that avoiding processing by Android audio system at all.

I'm open for USB Audio Player plugin for Poweramp to bring all that non-Android USB DAC processing to Poweramp.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2016 at 5:38 PM, maxmp said:

While alpha2 is capable of Hi-Res playback on USB DACs, it's not the focus of it - the focus is internal smartphone DAC (the one which is already in the phone and connected to wired headset). USB DAC functionality is very limited in Poweramp, fully supported on Android 6.0 only.

USB Audio Player excels on direct playback on USB DAC, on various Android versions, and it does that avoiding processing by Android audio system at all.

I'm open for USB Audio Player plugin for Poweramp to bring all that non-Android USB DAC processing to Poweramp.

Wow please make that happen, USB Audio Player is not close to looking as good as Poweramp.

Would love a plug in

Archived