Subsonic integration

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

DUDE, if Poweramp had Subsonic support, I would purchase it again. In fact, can I Paypal you some money to start on this development? Subsonic is an open cross-platform music (and video) streamer that transcodes media on the fly and support multiple users, and multiple streaming clients on different platforms. It DESTROYS Audio Galaxy (no offense) in features, but unfortunately has a pretty "spartan" Android client (though Sindre has made some progress). Poweramp integration directly integration with Subsonic would OWN, and would totally make could based services like the forthcoming Google Music basically irrelevant to power users like us. :ugeek:

I registered here just to post this...

Thanks for an awesome app, and I know it will keep getting "awesomer". :D

I would love to have subsonic or subsonic-esque integration. Currently Im just using subsonic to download the music to my phone just so I can open it Poweramp, which I then have to delete for space. If Poweramp could incorporate the subsonic server (i'd even pay again if Poweramp was to make their own subsonic style server) it would save me a LOT of hassle

• 2 weeks later...

I was just thinking this myself. While google music and Amazon support would be cool, I dont use those services simply because I am not in control of my music (not to mention you cant even redownload from google music). Subsonic wins. And I would LOVE for you guys to partner with them or at least add support to Poweramp.

Honestly, I have no interest in using your own cloud or server based technology. It would have to be amazing to get me to switch. Subsonic already exists, and is awesome, and open. Please do this :)

Something cloud-ish is planned for Poweramp. I'm waiting for google's music cloud api, I hope they won't fail to provide it for 3rd party apps (as Amazon did).

Thanks!

I'm not sure if google has spoke on this subject or not, but I would be very apprised if we ever see an api for google music. Amazon and google are already in touchy areas hosting music of unknown legality for people for free. Adding any chance of opening this further I'm sure would not sit well with the music industry.

Here's hoping, it'd be great, even if I do prefer subsonic.

• 5 months later...

I must bump this!

Subsonic is OPEN and the API is freely available. Google Music and other "cloud based" music services are OK but represent an ongoing cost to it's users and has limits on storage. I run a Subsonic server from home and make 40,000+ tracks available to my android device from anywhere on demand and I have ZERO monthly costs outside of my ISP bill to accomplish this. There are millions of Subsonic users who would absolutely go NUTS over Poweramp if it had Subsonic integration.

Subsonic is already pushing 4.6 in version, is stable and fully featured, runs on windows, Mac and Linux and is easy to set up and use. You truly have to experience it for yourself to understand how great it really is. You have access to my email from my forum registration. Contact me, I will set you up an account and let you use my server for testing.

I would strongly suggest that you look into supporting this amazing service. I am a Poweramp full owner but would gladly purchase the product again for this feature and would pay much more than the meager few dollars I paid originally. I would not, however, be willing to switch to another service if you were to incorporate Google, Amazon or your own cloud based service into Poweramp. I am overly happy with Subsonic and will be sticking with it no matter what.

Poweramp is the absolute best audio player for android but would be even better if I wasn't constrained by the size of my SD card!

*On knees begging like a fool* Doooooooooo it!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I also registered in order to be able to reply to this thread.

I have been a paying customer of Poweramp for 1+ years, love it, and it would be unstoppable with SubSonic support.

What is the problem with adding it?

Could someone code it as a 3rd party add on to Poweramp, if it can't be added officially for some reason?

I agree with others users, that integrating with other music cloud providers, that are for-profit and large, is not attractive, because SubSonic provides everything we need for mini-cloud music love.

/double signed/

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally got OGG transcoding with AoTuV working on my Ubuntu VM Box, and have been loving low bitrate quality across both local (using MusicBee on my PC's) and the Subsonic App.

However, the subsonic app isnt quite as well structured as I hoped, and often resort to using Poweramp on my on-hand collection anyway. Guess I;ve been spoilt by your work Max ;)

So like alot of other people here, I'm begging for the best media player to get better!

• 8 months later...

Archived