Proposed Material Design style interface discussion

Brainscollector

I would love to help with material design. I could prepare new concept and unique style. I have many ideas for this and it could be "just a reskin" or completely new concept. Contact me if you would like to have some help with that

https://plus.google.com/+ArturOleszczuk1991/posts/ccEuRMuWY7n

It's not my whole idea, I made animations concept for other music player, but just to show what I'm capable of. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andre Willey
Pal, it's not that someone has to do exactly what you want, you are one of the minority so why it should be considered as priority when huge majority want something else ? Believe our not, you are not the only one living on earth :o You are as egocentric as possible and it's proven with your post.

App design hasn't almost changed since release, it's been YEARS and it's stil in gingerbread/ICS era of design. Maybe it's time to update MOST POPULAR music player to CURRENT STANDARDS that some crap app has better design than allmighty Poweramp. Sorry for caps I want to highlight some facts. It's still the most powerful music player so maybe it would be nice to put some time and effort into style.
Are people too lazy to download music on their phones to implement cloud playback ? There are plenty of apps that would do that way better, DLNA support ? seriously ? spend unhealthy amount of time so just a couple from hundreds of thousands users would really use it ? This is madness. The only one thing that could be considered from this poll beside material design is google play music support but to be honest it's again - you can download it and put into phone even though I'm one of them who use GPM heavily due to bought music.

Thanks Brainscollector, good to see a brand new member with such a pleasant and helpful demeanour. And a very warm welcome to you too. :)

So, it looks like you might be the ideal person to help with my earlier question as to what specific Material Design features would make Poweramp a better or easier to use music player, as opposed to adding and improving actual features? Other than it looking trendy that is, I do understand that one of course, even if I personally think (in my egotistical way) that it has little real substance.

Don't get me wrong, I have no objections to style changes per se (as long as it isn't a case of change for change's sake) but I'd just prefer to see at least some of about four years worth of user feature requests get addressed first.

Andre

Thanks Brainscollector, good to see a brand new member with such a pleasant and helpful demeanour. And a very warm welcome to you too.

So, it looks like you might be the ideal person to help with my earlier question as to what specific Material Design features would make Poweramp a better or easier to use music player, as opposed to adding and improving actual features? Other than it looking trendy that is, I do understand that one of course, even if I personally think (in my egotistical way) that it has little real substance.

Don't get me wrong, I have no objections to style changes per se (as long as it isn't a case of change for change's sake) but I'd just prefer to see at least some of about four years worth of user feature requests get addressed first.

Andre

I'm sorry if I sounded rude (and for sure I did).

It's already very good with such features like swipe to change album/track, that is quite unique and it's the reason I'm still using it and it's preferred app used while driving (with ikorolkov's material skin). But. There are a lot of places it could be more legible and clear for users. I remember when after months of use I found some features I didn't know existed before. So material design is really very well concept when it comes about user experience and easy access to every feature and most important - clear and intuitive in doing that.

What could be implemented:

- Now playing screen, now playing screen... and I can repeat those words many times - it's one of the most important page in music player just after album/tracklist pages. If it's well designed and functional, you can do almost anything from there. I really believe it's possible to make seamless experience between those 3 pages, really immersive and intuitive.

- Quick peak on tracklist. When you spend most of the time on "now playing" screen it would be good to have quick access to all album songs. It could be done with "swipeable" card under play controls.

- Easy playlist management, it could be done alongside with 1st point, just "drag and drop" to arrange playlist. It's not something new but It's nicely implemented in material design

- Nice, colorful, meaningful and organised album/artist pages. It's not that bad right now, but "could be better".

Also, just a small note - it's not fully about material design itself, Poweramp just needs fundamental change in style and design. Material is just the best option right now. 

I'm sorry for my poor English, it's not my native language. 

I'm sorry if I sounded rude (and for sure I did)

I'm sorry for my poor English, it's not my native language.

Apology accepted, I'm sure it was just a bit of a language issue.

Lots of interesting points you make there, many of which would be very useful. I wouldn't necessarily have described them all as 'Material Design' elements per se, more as feature or operational interface requests. In fact it might be worth reiterating some of them in the Feature Requests forum, so they don't get lost in this sub-area for alpha-build testing.

By "now playing page", what exactly do you mean? I suspect that you mean a screen format where the current and upcoming tracks (regardless of the sort order currently being used) are displayed? What other things would you want on that sort of page (which would work perfectly as a dual-panel layout on a tablet by the way)? Tapping on the current song title is similar to what you ask, but is not much help at the end of an album for example, as you can't easily see what comes next.

I'm personally less keen on bright colourful pages (and especially Material Design's generally light background colour schemes), preferring dark backgrounds and non-gaudy appearances for media software. But that's just a personal preference, and colour palettes within skins could handle that perfectly. Just as long as we don't get into silly floating buttons or calling honest-to-goodness menus "overflow lists" (gaghhh!).

Ironically by the way, I happen to use Poweramp with the album-art-swipe feature turned off, as I found myself triggering it and changing tracks accidentally too often, and there are already perfect good (and more precise) buttons in the player controls panel (<<< - << - >> - >>>). For in-car listening, I rarely use the phone screen at all, I just use the hands-free features of my steering wheel controls which send via Bluetooth.

Andre

To echo what others have said, I voted for material design but I really just want a different design for the player, and material is a means to that end. The two major overhauls I'd like to see are decreasing the amount of taps needed to get where I need to be, and simplifying menu structure.

Decreasing the effort needed to do something is probably paramount, as the time adds up compared to other players. Now, the slide out drawer from the alpha will go some ways to fix this, but the "list" structure of Poweramp as it stands doesn't meet current design needs. For instance, I actually love the now playing screen. I can swipe to go to the next track, hold to go to artist, album, etc in a big, wide space that's easy to hit. The now playing screen is easily the best designed part of the app, and I wish that philosophy of Decreasing time needed to get somewhere would be put to the rest of the app. For instance, why can't I swipe in the library to go from artist to album, song, etc. What other players accomplish in one tap it takes Poweramp three (in most cases) to do, and this is a major shortcoming to me. Having a simple menu bar on top at all times when viewing the library would potentially work. Also, being able to reorder parts of the library would help as well (for instance,I usually use my recently added the most, why can't I move it to the top of the library for easy access). If these options exist, I'm not aware of them (and that would be part of the next point). There are tons of these small productivity tweaks that Material implementation would hopefully take care of, but I'm sure just modernizing the design in any way would also accomplish it.

The menu system is a bit confusing and it's hard to find things. Maybe implementing a search button for Poweramp settings (similar to the system settings search put in for lollipop) would solve all this, but so would a more elegant, thought out settings layout.

The now playing screen is easily the best designed part of the app, and I wish that philosophy of Decreasing time needed to get somewhere would be put to the rest of the app. For instance, why can't I swipe in the library to go from artist to album, song, etc. What other players accomplish in one tap it takes Poweramp three (in most cases) to do, and this is a major shortcoming to me. Having a simple menu bar on top at all times when viewing the library would potentially work. Also, being able to reorder parts of the library would help as well (for instance,I usually use my recently added the most, why can't I move it to the top of the library for easy access).

Thanks for the input, it'd be really helpful if more people could do the same, posting more specific feature or design requests, rather than vague "I think material design would be good" comments.

Ironically (since I've been the one saying that Material Design for its own sake doesn't actually do anything useful) I completely agree with all your points. In fact, I posted something very similar myself a week or so back:

I'd suggest that rather than having a slide-out category-choice page at all, left-swipe and right-swipe could take you through the different library category views directly (effectively as tabs, for example PlayerUI -> Folders -> Albums -> Artists -> Genres -> Years -> Composers -> PlayerUI - showing whichever tabs the user has ticked within their Category Settings screen anyway). The bottom (or top?) Tab Titles bar could also be used to slide quickly across to find more tabs by name (not just the Player | Folders | Library choices we have at the moment) and ideally the order should be editable so your favourite categories appear first.

There could even be a new option at the end for creating customised tabs featuring user-defined category grouping and sorting (basically just a slight extension of the current 'List Options' system). Also, adding the facility to incorporate some simple user-defined filters within those custom categories would go a very long way towards addressing the various requests for 'smart playlists'.

These are not really major design changes, but would subtly alter the process flow to make things simpler, easier to use, and more user-intuitive.

The only real complication I can see would be within the Player screen itself, where I wondered if it would be hard to make a clear difference between 'edge-swiping' to go to the category views versus internally swiping on just the album art for track/album changes (I'd like to see some alternative user-definable options for that swipe function too by the way). However it seems to work OK with the current edge-swipe menus, so I can't now see that being an issue.

[Edited to add something I just remembered] Actually, another poster was recently asking for a "now playing" screen, which regardless of things like the playback category and the shuffle mode would show the currently-playing track at the centre of a playback list, allowing you to easily scroll backward and forward through, and select from, the history/upcoming track order. That sort of screen would fit in perfectly into this idea of sideward scrolling tabs (again, with the tab titles list showing at the bottom of the screen as a quick way to get to any specific tab by name without having to swipe too much).

Andre

Hey Andre,

I would go with what guyverzero said as well.

In my opinion, I think when people mention Material Design, they don't mean the UI part, but more the UX part (the UI part can be fixed with a theme). I have been around the block with quite a few different players and none was on-par with Poweramp's music capabilities, and the only reason why I did that was because of Poweramp's outdated UX. 

If you are going to revamp the UX, please bear in mind the following:

- Simplified menu structure

- Try to get to places with the least number of taps. Going back from an album to a playlist takes 5 or more taps!

- Avoid small items, like the 3 menu dots on a row - think of people who want to use that menu in a car, or with some app on the edge of the screen.

- Simplified shuttle/repeat button. You have no idea how many times I thought I knew what each button does and was surprised.

- A lot of buttons and gadgets on the player UI.

- In constrast, I do like the settings menu, I think that's well categorised in comparison to say something like Black Music Player :)

All of this comes down to making Poweramp a really really simple yet powerful music player and I think that's where the challenge is :)

Thanks for listening to the suggestion of your users :)

Cheers,

Mo

- Simplified menu structure

- Try to get to places with the least number of taps. Going back from an album to a playlist takes 5 or more taps!

- Avoid small items, like the 3 menu dots on a row - think of people who want to use that menu in a car, or with some app on the edge of the screen.

- Simplified shuttle/repeat button. You have no idea how many times I thought I knew what each button does and was surprised.

- A lot of buttons and gadgets on the player UI.

- In constrast, I do like the settings menu, I think that's well categorised in comparison to say something like Black Music Player :)

When you say "A lot of buttons and gadgets on the player UI" do you mean you want more features there, or that you think the art area is getting a bit too cluttered already? I'm leaning towards the latter, and have asked Max if for greater clarity he could allow users a bit more control over what is shown, allowing various icons and buttons to be either auto-hidden or disabled if not required (like the old Hide Panels feature, but with more control).

I did suggest a while back that tapping on the Repeat or Shuffle buttons could become 'on/off' toggles, with long-press being used to select the actual mode from a list (on the basis that although each Shuffle mode is useful when you know how they work, many people tend to work mainly in one mode, so turning that mode on or off easily makes more sense than being forced to cycle through five items each time). The long-press part is available already, but not the on/off toggle. Would that make more sense to you? A number of users have asked over the years for single-track playback to be added to the Repeat options (i.e. stop at the end of each track, so that you need to tap Play again to hear the next track) which would seem an easy thong to add too.

Andre

Apology accepted, I'm sure it was just a bit of a language issue.

Lots of interesting points you make there, many of which would be very useful. I wouldn't necessarily have described them all as 'Material Design' elements per se, more as feature or operational interface requests. In fact it might be worth reiterating some of them in the Feature Requests forum, so they don't get lost in this sub-area for alpha-build testing.

By "now playing page", what exactly do you mean? I suspect that you mean a screen format where the current and upcoming tracks (regardless of the sort order currently being used) are displayed? What other things would you want on that sort of page (which would work perfectly as a dual-panel layout on a tablet by the way)? Tapping on the current song title is similar to what you ask, but is not much help at the end of an album for example, as you can't easily see what comes next.

I'm personally less keen on bright colourful pages (and especially Material Design's generally light background colour schemes), preferring dark backgrounds and non-gaudy appearances for media software. But that's just a personal preference, and colour palettes within skins could handle that perfectly. Just as long as we don't get into silly floating buttons or calling honest-to-goodness menus "overflow lists" (gaghhh!).

Ironically by the way, I happen to use Poweramp with the album-art-swipe feature turned off, as I found myself triggering it and changing tracks accidentally too often, and there are already perfect good (and more precise) buttons in the player controls panel (<<< - << - >> - >>>). For in-car listening, I rarely use the phone screen at all, I just use the hands-free features of my steering wheel controls which send via Bluetooth.

Andre

Yes, those are just general ui improvements that are not strictly related to material design, yet, this design language is most appealing right now. "Now playing page" is what opens just after launching Poweramp, page with play controls etc.

I will try to create some proposition for Maxmp, so I would not be just talking.

And yes, just like I said, Poweramp is my no 1 music app while driving thanks to swiping controls, I don't have to look at screen to know what is going on. 

"Now playing page" is what opens just after launching Poweramp, page with play controls etc.

Ah, you mean the main Player screen itself, I thought you were asking for something new with a "now playing" page (as some other people have asked for a "previous & upcoming songs" list page).

I guess my main issue with the Player screen in the current alpha build is it's getting a bit cluttered (too many icons, and the ones obscuring the album art area are no longer hideable as they used to be). I feel that page should be a really clean and simple layout, showing the current song info & art, with direct playback-related controls, and avoiding any extra stuff which really belongs in menus or library list pages. I'd also prefer the scrub bar to be larger and more accessible, and there needs to be a better facility for scrolling more precisely back and forth within longer tracks (MX Player's finger-slide feature would be perfect for example).

Andre

I have the same feelings about overloaded screen like it's right now. I will work on it today. It's almost 3pm here, I hope to bring some raw sketches around 10-11pm.

Slightly off topic here, but one of my pet hates about recent UI changes is Google's concept of random floating buttons and features which obscure what you actually want to do (their use within Google Maps is an obvious example) but ironically the five playback-control buttons would actually lend themselves rather nicely to that technique! :)

I know Max is planning to make all aspects of the Player screen more skinable (so that basically any element can be moved around and adjusted by a skin, which is not possible with the current release build) so some design changes might not be possible in order to support that functionality.

I've also asked if he might be able to make the elements which were previously able to be auto-hiden be restored to that functionality (item-by-item, so various icons and elements can be independently configured to be always-on, hidden until screen is tapped, or always off). The ones I suggested for starters (which already have alternate methods to be activated anyway) were: Three-line Menu icon; Three-dots 'overflow list' icon; EQ/Visualisations icon; Search icon; Next-List/Previous-List buttons (<<< and >>>); Repeat and Shuffle Icons; and finally Cover Art Images (as some people have requested the option of a blank screen - I don't know why!).

Andre

Updated 2:

Simple, to keep it clean and realistic. I can overload it with animations but I know devs don't like it :) So just simple fade effects.

H3IJrNh.gif4YPYkEA.gif

@down Andre

Color is picked from covers most vivid and standing-out color. It can be white/dark too, just a skin option (light theme, dark theme, light+accent color, dark+accent color). Changed things you have mentioned in your comment.

As for EQ and other features I would stay with idea like it is in alpha- in sidebar. It could be moved just on one side, and segregate it.

And about other screens, it's just the beginning, I want to wait for Maxmp and hear his opinion.

Older:

HPUiWeY.gif

X4DRGuT.gif

Simple, to keep it clean and realistic. I can overload it with animations but I know devs don't like it :) So just simple fade effects.

Interesting, thank you for the time you've put into that. I like the idea of a drag-up 'current / upcoming' list, and the larger playback-position bar. Next/Prev (<<< and >>>) being missing wouldn't work for many users I suspect (especially if they've got swipe-over-coverart turned off) and also the lack of star ratings might be an issue. Would you envisage the three-dots menu being used to bring up things like Ratings, EQ, Visualisations, etc? And how would you propose moving between the different standard playback modes (Folders, Albums, Artists, etc)

However in terms of the overall look, it does seem rather generic and broadly similar to built-in music apps and other stuff on the market - it doesn't really stand out as being unique and different, especially the light background and girly-pink coloured bar :) - but I guess it could be skinned back to a nice black easily enough.

Andre

And how would you propose moving between the different standard playback modes (Folders, Albums, Artists, etc)

@Brainscollector I've just realised (sorry, a bit slow on the uptake here!) that your drawer/page which slides up from the bottom screen is the Folders/Library page! It's just that you were showing how it would look should you be listening to a Playlist. That's wonderful! Much more elegant than the current method of tapping on the song title to open the Folders/Library screen - and also much simpler for getting back to the Player screen at any time afterwards (simply slide it down again). Very nice indeed! That concept would also fit in perfectly with my previous suggestion of having the Folders/Library pages accessed via horizontal swipes for moving between Folders/Albums/Artists/Playlists/etc views.

If you have the time, would you be able to make another demo to include how that might look? i.e. still using your vertical swipe to get between the Player and Library screens, but once you are in the library view have a horizontal swipe motion to see the top-level views for Folders, Albums, Artists, etc. The top line of the list page (which just shows "Playlist" in your example) could become a horizontal-scrolled tab title area, where the current page title is in the middle and the left/right tabs would show either side of it (so you know which page can be found in which direction - e.g. if listening to an Album, it would look something like "<- Folders | Albums | Artists ->").

Andre

It looks very boring without any colors. And as I have already mentioned - color is picked from covers most vivid and standing out color.

Mqv3obe.gif

@Brainscollector I've just realised (sorry, a bit slow on the uptake here!) that your drawer/page which slides up from the bottom screen is the Folders/Library page! It's just that you were showing how it would look should you be listening to a Playlist. That's wonderful! Much more elegant than the current method of tapping on the song title to open the Folders/Library screen - and also much simpler for getting back to the Player screen at any time afterwards (simply slide it down again). Very nice indeed! That concept would also fit in perfectly with my previous suggestion of having the Folders/Library pages accessed via horizontal swipes for moving between Folders/Albums/Artists/Playlists/etc views.

If you have the time, would you be able to make another demo to include how that might look? i.e. still using your vertical swipe to get between the Player and Library screens, but once you are in the library view have a horizontal swipe motion to see the top-level views for Folders, Albums, Artists, etc. The top line of the list page (which just shows "Playlist" in your example) could become a horizontal-scrolled tab title area, where the current page title is in the middle and the left/right tabs would show either side of it (so you know which page can be found in which direction - e.g. if listening to an Album, it would look something like "<- Folders | Albums | Artists ->").

Andre

Yes, that was my intention to make it smoother, faster and nicer to select desired song. I was also thinking to hide progress bar and pop-up folders/ artists/ etc sliders. It could be the fastest way to navigate through anything and After using dozens of music players - I haven't seen such solution. And it could be that desired by everyone "something unique" in redesign. I also have on mind that max would have to redesign almost completely whore whole (lol dat misspelling) application and I don't know if he's up to for such thing. I would be really glad to help with that but I know that there is sooo much work from Max's side I don't know he will want to do it.

Of course I can. I love to create anything like that, but I also don't like to waste time, so I really, really hope that Max will be open for my help and that we could co-op on that as I have so much ideas, my head almost blows :D

So, to check everything - In my opinion there would be no faster way to navigate through all the content inside music application like our concept (mine and yours, as you gave some clues too!) and that could create true 100% seamless experience. Just imagine - you are on main screen, swiping up from bottom and then 2 times to the left to select albums page, selecting desired album and then song, application automatically moves content to main screen in the same way you were starting. No gaps, everything slides in and most important - quick and intuitive. 

Btw.

Fun fact - I'm designing this using chrome browser... with CSS  B)  :lol:

Edit:

Dat

Ew6iW8O.gif1gIvA9b.gif

That's very nice. I personally prefer the darker colour scheme (as I mostly use PA at night or while driving, so light colours don't work very well for me and can look a bit gaudy anyway) but that's purely a skinning preference and I'm sure Max could offer several basic colour schemes in the final supplied package, and then let developers make their own fancier skins later. It's certainly not worth worrying about too much for now.

Operationally, yes that's just the sort of thing I had in mind. The idea of the "Now Playing" initial drag-up screen is great, as it would allow people to quickly see or skip past what's coming up next, or go back a few songs, no matter what category mode they are currently listening to. Perhaps the "Playlist" wording that is visible on the bottom line of the Player screen should include the associated text too? (e.g. "Playlists: Christmas Songs" or "Folders: Disney" or "Artists: David Bowie" for example). Then there'd be no need to have little folder icon taking up space on the track title space, it could be shown on that line below. (By the way, what to you envisage the little speaker icon to the right of the title should do - volume?)

I'm not sure whether it would be better for the subsequent sideways-scrolled pages to display the currently playing song within the new list, or to show the top-level of the group. I think the Now Playing list rather negates the need to see the track in situ, but maybe if a song is currently playing you should see that track in situ in the drilled-down list, but if nothing is playing then show the top level Albums/Folders/Playlists/etc view.

The available category tabs would be configurable just as the category lists are now (in the Settings menu you could tick or untick the modes that you wish to see, and change the order so your favourites come as the first tabs).

I do think you are really on to something here though with the operational ideas, as long as several skin variations are provided. The details of what icons go where (which I know Max wants to be able to make skinnable too) should follow after the basic structure works.

Of course all this discussion is moot if Max doesn't agree, as Poweramp is his baby alone. :)

Andre

After picking up correct dark colors, I also prefer this dark theme right now ;)

Thanks for kind words. Also "playlist" is just placeholder for now. I was thinking about few options like bit rate/folder/etc like it is right now also after swiping up it would display other information, or I really don't know right now. But for sure this place is important (for example could be used in alphabetical sorting, like it is in dialer application, when letters slide through, it's very cool effect for me)

Hah, yea, that's true, that all work can go to trash if Max will just simply say one word - "No." (dot is important after word "no", it's so freaking emotional especially when woman use it)

"No!" with an exclamation is even worse than with a dot. :)

The contents of the bottom "Playlist" line could be user-configurable (as they are now), Poweramp has always been about offering an easily adjustable interface that people can customise to their preferences (i.e. the opposite of how Apple, and now Google, work).

By the way, I don't think the numbers on the left of the drag-down list are especially useful, that space would be far better devoted to cover art (even if just placeholders for demo purposes).

Andre

Those numbers are quite important. I was thinking about drag-and-drop to arrange playlist order or could be even swiped from numer to right to delete song from playlist queue. A lot of applications for that little detail. Also indicates which song is right now played and separates from other. Of course it could be for example disabled alongside with features I mentioned above.
Damn, I'm so turned on into this yeste... today I was in bed at 3am :D It's just a thing in me, that I can put unhealthy amount of time in something interesting.
NUiMmjo.gif

i.imgur.com/dTQK8hC.jpg

Here is quick sketch of idea. I hope it's not that hard to understand...

Re-ordering tracks is really only applicable to Playlists (and the Queue) as all of the regular playback modes (Folders, Albums, Artists, etc) already have their own definable sorting orders (filename, Track #, Year, etc). I don't quite see what benefit the numbers themselves actually give, as you could still drag-and-drop to change Playlists/Queue ordering if the numbers were replaced with cover art (in fact, you can do it already in the current version). It's just I'm seeing quite a lot of people asking for cover art to be shown at the songs level in lists, rather than only at the top (e.g. Folder/Album) level.

Personally I'm not terribly keen on swiping on single items for things like delete, as it's far too easy to trigger that by accident when you are actually trying to swipe the whole screen to get to another page. My email app now supports it for example, but I turned that feature off very quickly. The current long-press methodology seems a lot safer and more flexible in terms of how many options can be offered.

I think the line which in the demo reads as "Playlist: Now Playing", just below the pink tab titles, should scroll across with the rest of the page when you swipe it, as that will be the 'title header' telling you where you are (e.g. if you are looking at the tracks inside an Album it would show the Album title, or if you are viewing files in a folder it would show the directory path).

Andre

Re-ordering tracks is really only applicable to Playlists (and the Queue) as all of the regular playback modes (Folders, Albums, Artists, etc) already have their own definable sorting orders (filename, Track #, Year, etc). I don't quite see what benefit the numbers themselves actually give, as you could still drag-and-drop to change Playlists/Queue ordering if the numbers were replaced with cover art (in fact, you can do it already in the current version). It's just I'm seeing quite a lot of people asking for cover art to be shown at the songs level in lists, rather than only at the top (e.g. Folder/Album) level.

Personally I'm not terribly keen on swiping on single items for things like delete, as it's far too easy to trigger that by accident when you are actually trying to swipe the whole screen to get to another page. My email app now supports it for example, but I turned that feature off very quickly. The current long-press methodology seems a lot safer and more flexible in terms of how many options can be offered.

I think the line which in the demo reads as "Playlist: Now Playing", just below the pink tab titles, should scroll across with the rest of the page when you swipe it, as that will be the 'title header' telling you where you are (e.g. if you are looking at the tracks inside an Album it would show the Album title, or if you are viewing files in a folder it would show the directory path).

Andre

That's why I was thinking about swipe from track numer to right and nowhere else so it would not trigger accidental especially that it's page when the only swipe to next page is when you do it from right to left side and delete option would work only from left to right. Those are small UX details that every designer must have on mind and "think forward" :)

Also what you already seen - more and more people ask for cover arts where there are numbers in this mockup so I had this on my mind too.

Archived