DLNA UPnP support

clarkerliu

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I registered just for this feature request! :)

Although Poweramp already is one of the best players available for android right now DLNA support would be very much welcome.

This and Google Music support!

I bought the bubble upnp player only because of those two features...

• 2 weeks later...

I registered just for this feature request! :)

Although Poweramp already is one of the best players available for android right now DLNA support would be very much welcome.

This and Google Music support!

I bought the bubble upnp player only because of those two features...

I use bubble too lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It is disappointing for purchasers that the Poweramp developers did not listen and did not implement the requested DLNA/UPnP support for years.

Poweramp used to be my favorite music player, but now my big music collection is stored on my NAS (Synology).

I switched to BubbleUPnP which can stream music from my NAS to my Smartphone and my Tablet perfectly.

Bye bye Poweramp.

:(

I would like to stream music to my Samsung TV or Netgear WIFI extender with airplay using Poweramp. I like all the features Poweramp offers and really without airplay or allshare feature I have to use another app that does that.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a work around for this although it requires root access for your device as well as cifs support for your kernel. I have a Galaxy Tab 2 and unfortunately I have been unable to find the cifs support..

The solution requires free software such as CIFS manager or (there are others) so that you can mount any windows or SMB share as a local folder thereby "fooling" Poweramp or any other amp into thinking the files reside locally.

Although I have not verified this to worrk personally it should. If anyone tries it and confirms that it works for Poweramp please let us know.

Hello,

also from me: Tried several Apps on Android to listen music. Poweramp ist the actual best and outstanding software on this OS. Good interface, perfect sound No need to disuss this ;)

But I am really missing the possibility streaming songs, from my home media server. I wanted to buy an android tablet just to use it as my music player in the living room with Poweramp, because also the GUI is really presantable on a living room music device ;)

Thought: "Of course Poweramp is able to stream, because it can do everything." But then I tried and saw: No.

So also from me: +1 Please make this wish to #1 on the todo list. Poweramp would be unbeatable then.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

For me Poweramp is a very god music player but i miss the feature to stream music over DLNA. Every time i want to do that i have to switch to another app like double twist or stifka. Is it so difficult to integrate this feature? there are so many apps who have it. This would make Poweramp to the best music player for Android.

So please do something. There are so many people waiting for the possibility to stream their music over DLNA with Poweramp.

+1

I too am having to switch music players to stream my music.  Poweramp's inability to stream to and from external DLNA servers/receivers is keeping me from using this great app and am having to resort to other music players which suffer from inferior UIs.  A reply from the developer detailing their plans on this topic would be welcome and provide some assurance that this topic is being heard...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just updated my living room HTPC to XBMC Gotham and tried the new UPnP playpack feature. Was a little bit disappointed to realize Poweramp still has no UPnP support.

So PLEASE add this to the next mayor update !!

• 2 weeks later...

i feel like Poweramp is SO overdue some of these features. this is essential and it is lousy that people have to use two music apps because there is STILL no DLNA/UPnP support here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

air play, DNLA, UPNP, and now, chromecast.

Problem is there are so many "standards" out there that they cannot be all in.

Plug-ins, I would appreciate for sure. Chromecast is the defacto google standard, so that would make more sense. DNLA is the worldwide standard, so I guess that too makes sense. 

decisions, decisions. I'm happy to not be a dev.

• 2 weeks later...