Next builds priorities

maxmp

Next builds priorities   

672 members have voted

1. 1. Next build should include:

• Google Music Support
    • Material Skin
    • DLNA Support
    • Cloud Storages Support (Dropbox, etc.)

This poll is closed to new votes

I really like the alpha features so far, and the UI is already much nicer. Loving the swipe in from left to bring up the Album/Artist lists. The spectrum visualization and reverb tweaking is also a handy feature for people like me that like to tweak everything :PI voted for Google Music support because I would love to be able to play my purchased music right from PAmp instead of downloading and copying it over every time. now that Google Music supports local files (finally), I sort of forgot about PAmp until I saw the alpha.  Thanks Max for your hard work.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Drivers for better DAC.

2. Lyrics. Seek & Download.

3. Google Music (voted).

4. Sort by folders: I want all songs in one folder as one folder. By now the image+.cue always shows as separate folder.

5. Easy playlist managment with swipes.

Re (4): If you are sorting by folders, you shouldn't really need .CUE files anyway (unless you are using CUE files to split long audio files into smaller chunks). If so, have you unticked Settings > Folders and Library > Lists > Show CUE disk image files ?

Andre

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Re (4): If you are sorting by folders, you shouldn't really need .CUE files anyway (unless you are using CUE files to split long audio files into smaller chunks). If so, have you unticked Settings > Folders and Library > Lists > Show CUE disk image files ?

Andre

I transfer albums to smartphone as long flac/ape + .cue (lazy to use Cuesplitter every time). I need option to show all songs, from .cue too, in one folder as it in any file manager or Neutron.

Show CUE disk image files = No.

1. Need simple option: "Do not resample loseless source if possible". I don't really like 48 Khz resampling in OpenCL ES output even for 16-bit 44.1 Khz source. Even for 24-bit 96 / 192 Khz output may be useful. Resampling is not always good.

2. Also/Alternative it will be nice to have short way to choose Audio output. 7-8 taps to change output Khz by now. Want 3 max. May be button for list of audio options for active output (headset) from last used: OpenCL ES 48 Khz, Snap 24-bit 44.1 Khz, Snap 24-bit 96 Khz Khz, Snap 24-bit 192 Khz.

I understand it's not for everyone and everyday but still want it. Sometimes I miss full customization.

3 hours ago, Rioter said:

I transfer albums to smartphone as long flac/ape + .cue (lazy to use Cuesplitter every time). I need option to show all songs, from .cue too, in one folder as it in any file manager or Neutron.

Seems to work for me. I created a WAV file and a companion CUE file to split it into six separate songs. In folders more, those six songs appear within a 'peusdo-folder' for that album name, located within whatever subfolder structure I happened to place them. That seems fairly logical to me, is that what you see and/or what do you want to see?

Andre

13 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Seems to work for me. I created a WAV file and a companion CUE file to split it into six separate songs. In folders more, those six songs appear within a 'peusdo-folder' for that album name, located within whatever subfolder structure I happened to place them. That seems fairly logical to me, is that what you see and/or what do you want to see?

Andre

Just need option "CUE as song list without subfolder".

Example:

Folder \ArtistName contains: album_name_1.flac, album_name_1.cue, album_name_2.flac, album_name_2.cue, song_name_1.flac, song_name_2.flac

Want to see:

1. 1st song from album_1

10. 1st song from album_2

20. song_name_1

21. song_name_2

Choosing Hierarchic view in Options doesn't help: the cue still looks like subfolder. And you don't get folder arts - may be show 2-4 thumbnails in case of more than one album? Also playtime near number of tracks will be nice.

hi,#

- the advanced controls of stereox;

- a crossfade like sqrsoft advanced crossfader winamp(x86) plugin: next song starts when the volume of the "outro" of previous song falls to trigger db.

25 minutes ago, Rioter said:

Just need option "CUE as song list without subfolder".

So are you saying that if you had ten albums - each of them stored as one large-FLAC-file and one CUE file, so 20 files in all - inside one folder, then you'd like all of the tracks from all of the albums to be shown as being in one huge mixed up folder of 150 or so tracks? Could you explain why that would be an advantage in case I can think of a work-around that might help you?

I believe album art does not currently always work with CUE files, although it did when I just did that test (PA downloaded cover art based on the derived album name)

Andre

13 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Could you explain why that would be an advantage in case I can think of a work-around that might help you?

1. Shuffle. Example: listening discography and shuffling only one artist.

2. Less actions to find and play song from one artist. No checking INSIDE every folder and going uplevel.

3. Power of habit. I like my Foobar2000 (PC) view:

foobar2000.jpg

2 hours ago, Rioter said:

1. Shuffle. Example: listening discography and shuffling only one artist.

2. Less actions to find and play song from one artist. No checking INSIDE every folder and going uplevel.

If you want to shuffle everything by one Artist, or play songs from one artist, just use the Artist playback mode and select shuffle if needed, much easier than folders in that particular instance.

As for your preferred foobar-style layout, with all of your music in a long list ordered by Artist first and then by song title... that would best equate to Poweramp's "All Songs" view, with the List Options sort order set to "Artist".

Quick access tip: when you are playing a song, long-press on the title area and you can choose to view the rest items by that Artist, in the same Album, or in the same Folder.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

If you want to shuffle everything by one Artist, or play songs from one artist, just use the Artist playback mode and select shuffle if needed, much easier than folders in that particular instance.

As for your preferred foobar-style layout, with all of your music in a long list ordered by Artist first and then by song title... that would best equate to Poweramp's "All Songs" view, with the List Options sort order set to "Artist".

Quick access tip: when you are playing a song, long-press on the title area and you can choose to view the rest items by that Artist, in the same Album, or in the same Folder.

Lol, I messed up. Never tapped area with artist icon and "All Artist Songs". Thought it just info. May be make it "Show All..." as a hint for such idiots as I am? Also total time of tracks here will be nice.

Quick access helps. I have a lot of artist with only one song so the long list of artists bugs me. Again, "Show..." makes it easier to understand. I thought it just shows Library in Artist mode without filter.

Another interface requests:

1. Change Artist icon - present icon is more like Microphone itself. Confusing. May be just human head in profile?

2. Visual separators for A, B, C... Z in Artist mode. Really helps in long lists.

3. Slightly background colour difference in Library lists (optionally) to separate:

- Artists list: by 1st letter. (A, B, C...)

- Selected Artist list: by albums (all songs of each album on same background).

- Folders view: by artist. (all songs/albums of same artist with one background).

4. Fast navigation by 1st letter. Scrolling to Z or non-english takes time.

1) material skin :) (voted) - ikorolkov's are the best, maybe deal with him somehow?

2) Option to save/restore song ratings when migrating to another phone - I already changed 3 phones since I bought Poweramp, not to mention firmware changes, soft resets, etc. Such a pity to lose all ratings all the time.

3) fullscreen cover on lockscreen doesn't work on galaxy s7 (not a priority issue, but an issue nontheless)

4) Option to turn off visualizations completely (maybe except for EQ curve block), including removing it's settings from the right slider. For example I use vis like NEVER:) so those options are just a distraction

Well for me material design is very important, and before you jump criticizing and is just aesthetic, it is not, it's marketing, most user would ditch the app at first glance because it looks outdated when there are many apps more appealing, they won't take the time to discover the powerful features of the app, also is the characteristic design from android, and the one users are used to, it would be easier for them to adapt to the app, this changes would mean and increase of users, thus and increase of incoming, thus and increase in the work the developers can put into the project.

Apart from that i'd like and option that, when i'm playing in shuffle, and i queue a song, after the songs ends it continues with the shuffle, and doesn't create a playlist of queued songs.

Also an option to, when i select a song from the library, it doesn't take me to the player, instead, show a tiny controller bellow, with info about the song and play/pause, next song etc.

And those are the features i would like to see the most, if you go for material design, an option to chose the colors would be nice, but is not that important

6 hours ago, Marchin said:

Apart from that i'd like and option that, when i'm playing in shuffle, and i queue a song, after the songs ends it continues with the shuffle, and doesn't create a playlist of queued songs.

Also an option to, when i select a song from the library, it doesn't take me to the player, instead, show a tiny controller bellow, with info about the song and play/pause, next song etc.

When you are playing shuffled and you queue a song (or several songs) PA will return to your regular shuffled playback after the queue is finished. Well, that's the default action, you can control it via the options in Settings > Folders and Library > Queue . Also you should have the Repeat icon set to 'Advance List', as if you have it set to 'Repeat List' then the queue will be repeated until you manually exit from it.

There is some control over how PA reacts when you tap a song within a library view (Settings > Folders and Library >Lists > List Item Click Action) but to see song info you need to long-press on the song title and choose Info/Tags.

Andre

Just now, andrewilley said:

When you are playing shuffled and you queue a song (or several songs) PA will return to your regular shuffled playback after the queue is finished. Well, that's the default action, you can control it via the options in Settings > Folders and Library > Queue . Also you should have the Repeat icon set to 'Advance List', as if you have it set to 'Repeat List' then the queue will be repeated until you manually exit from it.

There is some control over how PA reacts when you tap a song within a library view (Settings > Folders and Library >Lists > List Item Click Action) but to see song info you need to long-press on the song title and choose Info/Tags. A 'mini-player' set of controls at the bottom of the Library view has been requested at number of times in the past, but is currently not implemented. Maybe part of v3 though?

Andre

For my nickle, my audio listening is always done via local media for a number of reasons.

- i live in an area with spotty wireless data support and I often going into back-country cycling or hiking where there is zero coverage (as in my phone gets set to airplane mode to conserve power)

- my workplace does not have wifi and I don't want to abuse mobile data for streaming, not even audio

- there are no DLNA servers in my life

So, because of this, from the available Material design was the only option. What I want out of that is not that PA is "made bland" but that it works and renders well with the host device. I haven't used it long enough to have a real opinion about the current UI (other than it's no problem to operate and that's nice considering some players have just horribly complex UI).

I have no head how much of this there has been, but power-consumption optimization would be something on my personal list, particularly at least understanding the change of power consumption impact in MM vs KK since battery endurance is always a factor.

I can see from other users' POV that more active network-centric features would be attractive - streaming music from dropbox/drive/onedrive/et. al.; streaming from Google Play or Amazon or Itunes(?) - I recognize I live in a digital backwater - but if those features come at the cost of the base capabilities or induce excessive power when *not* in use then they're a non-starter for me.

-t

On 6/9/2016 at 7:27 PM, andrewilley said:

There is some control over how PA reacts when you tap a song within a library view (Settings > Folders and Library >Lists > List Item Click Action) but to see song info you need to long-press on the song title and choose Info/Tags.

Andre

Thanks, that solved the queue issue

Also i'm adding disc number sorting to the request, i've a couple of album from the same year and artist and it would be nice to get them in the proper order

assuming that's even possible, because if there is no disc number in the ID3s you either have to modify the album name or for example add the disc number to the track number (e.g. disc 1 track one becomes 101 track 2 is 102 and disc 2 track 1 is 201 and so on)

8 hours ago, Marchin said:

Also i'm adding disc number sorting to the request, i've a couple of album from the same year and artist and it would be nice to get them in the proper order

My personal view is that Disc# should be automatically checked when using Track# sorting. That way if there is a Disc# tag present, PA would sort by that first and then by Track# second.

For now, I just give each disc in a multi-disc sets a slightly different Album Title tag (e.g. "ABBA Greatest Hits CD1", "ABBA Greatest Hits CD2"). Not a complete solution though as that prevents whole-album shuffling for example (as you'd have to shuffle each CD separately).

Andre

I still prefer DLNA support. While some people has different kind of devices, it's too time consuming just to manage music in each devices. Some people has different kind of DLNA device receiver, just like me. I use Windows Media Player as DLNA receiver. So, DLNA should be included.

Archived