Adding .milk files not working for me

Szeichorn

I can't seem to add add .milk files.

I copied them to the directory listed the app settings both in the internal storage and the external (I had to create the folder "milk_presets" as it wasn't there already)

Both rescan options fail to pick up anything new.

Android 6.0, LG G4

The target folder is external storage/Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/milk_presets/

That folder is always created on Poweramp startup, it can't be missing, otherwise there are serious issues with the permissions.

.milk files, zips with milk files in any combinations are supported. Please use Rescan presets in Poweramp visualization settings or in Presets dialog menu after presets uploaded to the device.

That's odd Max, on my device (Galaxy Note 3, 4.4.2) the file is on internal storage not external SD Card. i.e. from root /sdcard/Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/milk_presets/ (don't you just love the way Google define the directory 'sdcard' to mean internal device memory rather than a real External SD Card, how counter-intuitive is that!)

Andre

The target folder is external storage/Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/milk_presets/

That folder is always created on Poweramp startup, it can't be missing, otherwise there are serious issues with the permissions.

.milk files, zips with milk files in any combinations are supported. Please use Rescan presets in Poweramp visualization settings or in Presets dialog menu after presets uploaded to the device.

Thanks for responding. I'm on android 6.0 with a SD Card (LG G4), maybe the new permissions model is messing it up?

All I see in in "*/Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/", internal or external SD, are 2 folders: "Cache" and "files", "Milk_Presets" is not there.

No presets folder at all, not in the "files" folder either.

Otherwise Poweramp works fine.

Maybe you can tell me the file name of one of the preloaded .milk files and I will do a device search to see where they are being kept?

doing a device search for ".milk" or preset names comes up empty.

Thanks!

The alpha test build 700 should create its own milk folder in regular device memory (i.e. not SD Card) in Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/milk_presets . Mine is empty apart from a .nomedia file.

Also in that _com.maxmpz.audioplayer folder should be things like album_art , selected_aa, micro, and several other folders. SD Card permissions should not be needed as its in local device storage.

Can anyone else using Android 6 confirm?

Andre

Archived