Using Poweramp Offline

power5lave

Hi guys,

i wasn't sure where to put this so i have created the thread here, sorry if its in the wrong place.

anyway long story short i recently purchased an android stereo for my car(which works great), but wasn't happy with the in built audio player so installed and purchased power amp from the play store

for a week it was perfect i had no issues and everything was working as it should.

But then i had an issue with power amp trying to validate the license, i reconnected my portable hotspot and the problem went away for a few days then came back, while it isn't an issue its a real inconvenience to have to set up a WiFi hotspot to validate the license every couple of days.

is there a way to stop this from happening?? i notice on website i can order it not via the playstore, im willing to purchase the app again if it fixes my issues as i love Poweramp.

Regards

Just to add my tupence worth here. I've been bitten by this feature a few times as I tend to flash ROMs fairly often. It's not that PA stops when it can't check the license, it's that you can never be sure that this check has been done so you go out, and out of signal (fairly common here in Cornwall in the UK where even a 2G signal is a bit hit and miss .... ), PA checks the license and so you're not able to play anything until you get back to a wifi/mobile data signal.

What would be better, IMHO, is to only stop PA working if you have made, say, 5 checks in a week (just as an example). And at each check, if it failed, you could put up a message saying 'checvk failed, x days to find an internet connection' or similar. And I don't know how 'random' this check has to be but a 'button' within the app to do the check under manual control would be very useful.

Over to Max ....... :D

Dave

Sounds like an excellent idea to me. It would help a lot if there was a Notification prompt when a check fails (which should include a 'try again' option) that you could leave pending on your device until such time as you get back in range of an internet connection. And only stop the app from working perhaps 5 days after no successful check has been performed and the user warned.

I don't know if this is something that is under PA's control though, or something that Google Play does on its own.

Andre

I was asked by my brother to ask here about exactly the same issue. There's no way to prevent device resets in a car because when he turns off ignition, the device also powers off. And as power5lave said, it's quite annoying to setup a mobile hotspot every now and then just to refresh the license. Sometimes it's even impossible, for example when he's abroad with no data roaming.

This is in my opinion exactly the point where licensing restrictions and protections went too far. This is the reason why people decide to use cracked version instead of legit one even if they actually own the license.

Archived