Option to NOT remove the notification when player paused

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you mean what I think you mean, I agree. I had to pause earlier cos I was at a dentist appointment and it woulda been oh so lovely for it to have still been there in my lock-screen to press play and carry on afterwards but instead I had to relaunch it

• 2 months later...

"Keep Service" tweak wont solve the problem. Keep service as I understand only keeps PA from being shut down by the Android System so the app will open faster since it isnt being started from a cold start.

What he is talking about I think is when you are playing music, there is a notification widget that shows up in Androids Drop-Down Notification menu that gives you the ability to pause/play, skip tracks and view the currently playing songs album art. If you pause the song playing this will cause the "widget" to disappear from the menu and you will have to open up PA again or navigate to a custom widget on home screen to resume playback. Having the option to keep the widget in the notification menu would make multi tasking while listening to music much easier as you can access the drop down menu from any screen or app, instead of having to back out of the app you are currently using and go resume the music from the base PA app or personal widget.

if the picture uploaded properly then the one Im talking about is the one right above the Tasker widget. This is stock android and it will differ from ROM to ROM

nexusae0_large.png

Completely agree with what was already written, but want to add that the media controls on Android Wear watches also seem to disappear as soon as the notification gets hidden. This is often already after a minute our two pause the case.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I registered to this forum only to support that request.

Having this option to have the player shortcut in the notifications always active would fill my heart with joy. Its pretty much the only feature missing for the perfect player, in my opinion.

I hope devs can had that feature soon.

• 6 months later...

Same here, I registered just to post this request. When open a video from facebook or YouTube, the music running in background paused, and the notification dismissed too! I don't think it's hard to make, because most of other players will not hide the notification when pause.

Are people asking for the notification controls to be optionally permantently sticky, even when you have not used Poweramp yet this session? Or just more persistent. I suspect it may be ROM related though, as I don't have this problem with KitKat on my Note 3 - if I stop music via the notification controls the item stays there for a while in case I want to restart it the same way.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Are people asking for the notification controls to be optionally permantently sticky, even when you have not used Poweramp yet this session? Or just more persistent. I suspect it may be ROM related though, as I don't have this problem with KitKat on my Note 3 - if I stop music via the notification controls the item stays there for a while in case I want to restart it the same way.

Andre

Will it stay in this case: while you are playing music in power amp, and then open a facebook video or YouTube?

On my device running android 6.0, Poweramp paused and the notification disappear, if I want to resume music, I have to open the main app to do that.

On my KitKat device (using Poweramp alpha test build 703) if I pause playback via the pull-down notification controls, it persists in the status/notification bar while I play a YouTube video, Facebook video, Periscope stream, etc. It only goes away when I press the X control in the notification item to close it.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

On my KitKat device (using Poweramp alpha test build 703) if I pause playback via the pull-down notification controls, it persists in the status/notification bar while I play a YouTube video, Facebook video, Periscope stream, etc. It only goes away when I press the X control in the notification item to close it.

Andre

No, I mean let the music plays in background, just open YouTube video while music is playing. The powet amp notification will disappear.

I made a small gif that shows the difference between Poweramp and default music app.

http://makeagif.com/i/gc_yh6

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I also registered for that one thread. Pausing the notification before a sound forcefully pauses the app does work, but it's quite a pain still. Especially when many games have that effect (Pokemon Go in my case), and are meant to be tabbed in and out of a lot.

It would be nice to have the notification widget be sticky even when forcefully muted by an annoying game/app/video player.

• 1 month later...

Bought a new phone, and now I have this same exact problem.

I have noticed my Spotify app is able to permanently exist in the notifications bar, no matter if it's on a tablet, another phone, or my main phone. Shouldn't be that hard for Poweramp to do the same. Alas

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived