Grant Access

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DDD19, on 17 Apr 2015 - 11:36 PM, said:

The way that works:

Navigating to a song, clicking the 3 dots icon (right hand side of song title, etc.) Clicking Delete. (Don't worry, the song won't be deleted in the end.) You will then go through the same set of promps that I describe above except you will actually be led to an option window allowing you to grant sd card access.

This hasn't worked for me:( gutted

Did not work for me too!! And also the SDfix...my sd card has access and phone is rooted, but Poweramp was still not able to edit / delete songs and their info.

Then I tried to re-scan folders. I went to 'Music Folders' and noticed I had my music folder under 2 headings: '/mnt/media_rw/sdcard1' and '/storage/sdcard1'. I had initially selected the folder under first heading. This time I deselected that and chose the folder under second option and voila!! Hope this helps a few.

S3 i9300, Resurrection ROM 5.1.1 

• 2 months later...

I got this to work as well, thanks to all the posters. I want to make this clear for everyone else having the same problem.

The way that doesn't work:

Navigating to a song, clicking the 3 dots icon (right hand side of song title, etc.) Clicking Info/Tabs, clicking edit tags. You will then be told that you don't have access to the sd card, click get support, and click grant access and nothing happens.

The way that works:

Navigating to a song, clicking the 3 dots icon (right hand side of song title, etc.) Clicking Delete. (Don't worry, the song won't be deleted in the end.) You will then go through the same set of promps that I describe above except you will actually be led to an option window allowing you to grant sd card access.

Great DDD19 this is what works. perfect. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

After you hit delete...it will ask to grant access...click grant access......it takes you to a file explorer......... then you select the sd card on the left.....and you click the option with all the numbers in the bottom.

This will take you back to Poweramp

Then you go back to select. Edit info/tags and ....... Voila !!!!

You can now edit the tags.

• 3 weeks later...

I had this problem before, it seems the only way to grant access to the SD card is to first delete a track. Follow the options until you see the "grant access" dialogue. When you press the grant access option you will then be taken to the SD CARD screen where, at the bottom of the screen, the SD card label will be displayed. Select it to grant access. Unfortunately the selected track will be deleted, but you will then have access to edit labels and delete tracks.

Well, it worked for me. Just have a junk track that you are willing to delete if it happens again.

Samsung Galaxy Tab running Android V5.02. With Samsung 64gb ultra micro SD.

Hope it works for at least some of you.

Cheers

Jay

• 4 weeks later...

Delete a song that is on the sd card, click grant access and click the sd card folder when it pops up. At the bottom of your phone, there should be a button to press with a few digits. After that, I was able to edit tags. Hope this helps!

thx, it helped me 

I seem to have a problem that was mentioned here before I belive. Namely I try to remove a song and then a grant access dialog appears. I grant access to the whole SD and.... nothing. When I try to remove a file it asks me for the grant again and again. My phone is an LG G4 Android 5.1. What can be done about that? I have tried to edit tags and the grant dialog doesn't even show. Come on guys how can this still be an issue when no other app seems to have problems with this.

I seem to have a problem that was mentioned here before I belive. Namely I try to remove a song and then a grant access dialog appears. I grant access to the whole SD and.... nothing. When I try to remove a file it asks me for the grant again and again. My phone is an LG G4 Android 5.1. What can be done about that? I have tried to edit tags and the grant dialog doesn't even show. Come on guys how can this still be an issue when no other app seems to have problems with this.

I have the exact same problem, with the exact same phone and the exact same software. Plus I gave my SD card's partition (exFAT formatted) a label.

This bug (along with the FLAC playback issues I reported using the Google Form) is quite annoying to be honnest.

• 1 month later...

Same problem here with LG G3, Android 5.0, 64GB Sandisk Ultra SD Card:

Can not delete files on SD Card, after the "grant access" dialog. Tried many times without success. After setting the access for the SD Card in the grant access dialog, its just not working.

BUT: switched to an old 16GB SD Card, formatted inside the G3 and after the "grant access" dialog everything works. The problem is, that the 64GB SD Card is getting formatted in exFAT format, while the 16GB SD Card ist getting formatted in FAT32. The difference between working and not working is the file system. The exFAT is a modern version of the FAT file system with file system permissions (ACL) included. It seems, that Poweramp (current version 2.0.10) can not handle this. Other applications (i.e piktures) do not have this problem, so its not a general G3 problem.

• 8 months later...

Hallo, same problem for me, on a Redmi Note 3 Pro, with Lollipop 5.1.1. I've tried all method, I've formatted and named my SD card, but I never have see the "document panel" after I click on the "grant access" button. It pop up a little dialog window that says something like " You have to activate Documents in the installed apps". But in the permission panel it seems that this app have already the requested permission... I dont know how to do, and I'm sad because I've already purchase the app....

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

using nougat on Mate 9.puting sd card to pc and disabling read only in the folder optios solved the issue for me as well. thnx guys.

EDIT: my bad. still not working. can't figure out why it gets blocked again. very annoying thing, since I have tons of music that need to get filtered/deleted :(((( so frustrating..!

• 3 weeks later...

"using nougat on Mate 9.puting sd card to pc and disabling read only in the folder optios solved the issue for me as well. thnx guys."

It doesnt work at all . I have also volume label on my sdcard. No read only checked for folders, deleting a file (within Poweramp) works  OK - but editing tag still show me that its not possible. 

THE PROBLEM IS STILL NOT RESOLVED.

(NOTE 2 Android 4.4)

25 minutes ago, Matik said:

THE PROBLEM IS STILL NOT RESOLVED.

(NOTE 2 Android 4.4)

You shouldn't still be having that sort of problem on such an old device, it should work fine with Grant Access. However as the Note 2 is years out of warranty anyway, I would suggest just rooting it and disabling Google's stupid SD Card write block completely (there are tons of guides around for doing this).

Andre

• 4 months later...

Guys i solved this problem. No needed root!

1. Push the button on settings tags Poweramp

2. Push the "Edit Tags" button.

3. This is important and interesting. There is writing no access bla bla bla on a window. It doesn't matter! There is a button on screen "Grant Access" on right side but not looking. Because all window white. Push the "Grant Access" button and wait.

4. Select "SD CARD" folder but only sd card folder. Not spesific file(music.my music or any folder)

5. It's done. You can change music tags or delete any music file.

• 1 year later...

Archived