How to play via Artist,Album 1, Album 2 etc.

RafeDonson

I've just put my music back on Poweramp after being without an Android phone for a while, but I'd like to be able to play albums like this, when I hit play all on an artist.

Artist - > Album 1 - > Track 1, Track 2, Track 3 etc...  -> Album 2 - > Track 1, Track 2 etc.

Currently it plays Track 1 from Album 1, Then Track 1 from Album 2 - is there a way around this so it plays the Artist but their first Album, then the second? Ta. 

It may be possible in pa but if you are looking for a poerrful yet easy to use playlist manager, have a look at Playlist Manager by theoklink. Its special feature is that it handles whole albums or single tracks. My website explains how to make your playlist available to pa.

I wasn't looking to create playlists, more just to be able to get Poweramp to play them in album order. 

I searched for "playing all songs" but I didn't get what I was looking for. The only "solution" I found was to change the sort order, but this did not affect playback at all.

To clarify (and i believe this is what the OP was getting at): I want to long press an artist, choose play, and have the tracks played by album (album 1 track 1-10, album 2 track 1-10, album 3 track 1-10). I have the same problem when adding an artist to a queue. Based on what happens when I do that, tracks seem to be automatically played by overall track number (album 1 track 1, album 2 track 1, album 3 track 1, album 1 track 2, album 2 track 2, etc.).

My song files are carefully arranged by album which are organised under artist (artist>album>track #. Song Name

If you feel the solution is still in your thread, can you link it please?

my current work around is to add artist to a playlist. This works, but I have to have a playlist for each artist.

In any situation like this you can always resort to using a neat folder/filename structure, which would solve all of your issues and give you complete control over the sort order in 'Folders' playback mode.

Use your top level folder names for Artist names, then the next level for Album names (set the sort order to "By path" so the nested names get correctly sorted) and then have the Songs level set to sort by Track Number (or by filename, if you already include a track number as the start of your filenames).

You can use 'List' or 'Hierarchy' view modes depending on whether you want all of the albums to be available in one very long scrolling list, or if you prefer to click to drill-down from the Artist level to their Albums.

If you want to have albums sorted by release date rather than alphabetically, just add the year at the start of each album's folder name (e.g. inside an "ABBA" folder you might have folders called "1974 Waterloo", "1975 ABBA", "1976 Arrival", "1979 Voulez Vous", etc).

The player screen will still display the regular Song titles and Album names from the MP3 tags by the way, not your modified folder/file names (unless you opt for them anyway).

Andre

Archived