"Cut Silence" cuts actual audio

The "Cut Silence" setting prematurely trims some tracks that otherwise have no silence at the end and are meant to transition smoothly into the next track.

While it seems to work smoothly for most tracks, I have definitely noticed consistently on certain tracks where the track is snipped inappropriately at the end, truncating a small portion of the audio.  The audio is not truncated when "Cut Silence" is not enabled, but then there are gaps between tracks.

• 1 year later...

I've recently started using Poweramp and I'm having this problem as well. I can't get gapless playback at all without enabling the Cut Silence setting. With Cut Silence enabled, most tracks sounds fine, but occasionally a split second gets cut off the end of a track. In fact I suspect that the end is being cut off every track, but that it's only noticeable when in certain situations, e.g. when the timing carries over from one track to the next, or when a track ends abruptly.

Has anyone found a solution to this? (I realise the original post is from almost two years ago with no replies, so I'm not hopeful.)

Archived