Genre -> Tracks listing

kerryz

When selecting to browse by "Genre", the only option is to browse by Genre Album. My request is to be able to simply list all the tracks.

In a day and age where albums are becoming less and less prominent and most of my tracks are either singles or I just have one or two songs from each album, only having the option to list by album, most of which only contain one track and most of which I don't even recognize because I don't think of tracks in terms of albums anymore, seems quite outdated.

The sort by artist/name/date added feature should obviously also be available when listing by Genre Track.

Thanks for a great app!

• 7 months later...

I would also like to see a genre list with all the songs rather than albums. Or maybe have a more advanced filter where I can choose which tag to filter.

I don't think getting rid of the album tag is a good solution. It's going to take a lot of time to go through all your music and select everything that isn't a full album. It reminds me of when I had to have several copies of the same file with different tag versions for different players.

Archived