Share your eq settings?

I honsestly signed up just to post on this thread. The way people view music is honestly shocking, let me give you a few pointers for the equilizer. First of all flat is the absoloute blandest and most boring way you could listen to music, so if not a custom preset, then go with one of theirs. I know their presets are very bad but flat is just uncalled for. So for rap and hip hop first off go to flat pre set, now rase bass to about mid way on the tone and treble about a quarter turn. Next your going to want tour lower frequencies quite high, id say about 3/4 on the first 4/5 on the second and 5/6 up on the third control, creating that ladder you usually want to see. Next you will want to up the mids to just about 3/4 (thats about the next three controls, but with the last one slightly lower going down toward where the high frequencie controls will be centered). Next you will want to make a decline down from that last mid range, make them pretty low considering its rap, unless your more listening to hip hop or rap like eminem that will have trebles that need to be raised. in this case form a ladder to making the high frequencies more leniant to being raised coing from the mid ranges. Might sound complicated but hopefully it will help, be sure to save wouldn't want to have to repeat :o. I also have some settings for different genre such as best sound for loud speakers on you droid if you need, and also rock and an over all general preset. Please tell me if you need some pictures ill be glad to post them up if your having trouble, would want you to waste 5 bucks and still have bad quality, any way hope it helped. :mrgreen:

Hey that would be great if you could post diff. Settings for rock,loud speakers for droid and what ever else you have,I have no idea how to set it up manually.I just use the presets which still sound great to me but I would like to learn how to set the equalizer manually,pics would be great thanks INFERNO.

Hi there,

I'm a bit of a Hi-Fi buff and only fairly recently tried using my Android phone for music.

The key advice I would give, is, trust your ears. Sounds obvious I know, but it's the truth. Simply focus on the sound of something that you are familiar with. I usually go with a section of a track that has a good vocal. We all know how a person's voice should sound, so adjust the Eq settings until you hear something utterly believable.

Once you are happy, you can save that setting and use it as the basis for further tweaking, usually at the top or bottom end. However, it's really the "middle" (frequencies) that are important and the human voice falls right in this area.

Needless to say, you can't expect miracles, but I've been pleasantly surprised by what can be achieved using Poweramp and some very reasonably priced headphones - Koss Porta Pro.

regards

PS. In real hi-fi land, equalisation is a definite no-no.

Archived