Major FLAC Issues With Track Order

marenum

Poweramp has been phenomenal, except for one fatal issue. It seems to have serious trouble with my FLAC files. Some of my albums are out of order no matter what I do. The tags are correct, but the library view refuses to arrange them correctly. There are random duplicate tracks in some of my albums, but they don't play and they're usually listed as (incorrectly) being just a couple of seconds long. Sometimes when I delete these duplicate tracks the track order becomes correct, but not in every instance. What's even more strange is that when I look at the albums in folder view, they'll be in the right order, but random tracks will be missing. I have absolutely no idea what the problem is, but I guess I might have to switch to another player if I can't figure out how to resolve this. 

Has anyone else had similar issues, or know what might be causing these issues with track order?

I have a few tracks that display time of the song incorrectly but it is not exclusive to my flac files. I've been slowly trying to replace a lot of my music with flax and I have not experienced anything like what you are describing. What program are you using to tag them?? I have been using mp3 tag found here (http://www.mp3tag.de/en/) for tagging and embedding my album art and it has worked flawlessly so far for both flac and mp3. That would be my 1st suggestion to try. I tried music monkey before that and I would get random little glitches so I switched to that instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Poweramp extracts data from Xiph Comment from flacs. This means, if you use some other non standard tagging approach, it will be ignored.

If you send us one of such flac files (pls send to poweramp.maxmpz at gmail.com), we can test and say for sure; plus may be we can add support for such tags as well.

Thanks!

Archived