• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Beta-test Build 790 Now Released   04/29/2018

Poweramp v3 BETA TEST preview build 790, including brand new user interface, has now been released - 30 April 2018. This is not quite feature-complete yet, so only install if you are happy to test with a slightly reduced set of options.  Missing features should be completed during May. Please report any issues in the testing forum thread, and remember to backup your previous build before testing.  
Rocksolid87

Constant clicking sound with WMA Lossless

9 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have submitted a big report form already. I have already done a search for this problem and found one other post with no answers.

WMA Lossless files have a constant clicking sound on playback with Poweramp. I have the current version as of 4/13/14. I've eliminated my computer (to rip the cd), my SD card, my phone, and my headphones as the source of the problem.

This only happens with WMA Lossless files. Constant clicking noise throughout the whole song.

Running a stock rom Galaxy SIII Sgh-i747

Any idea of what the problem is or if this issue will be addressed?

I am having the exact same problem.

Phone is HTC ONE (M8)  - Player Software version is v2.0.9 - Build 554

Skipping does NOT occur when using built in music player... ONLY happens with Poweramp Media Player...(Licensed Version)

Thanks,

Scott

Note 3, Android 4.4.2

Same issue with WMA lossless files. You can get around it by turning off all tone controls (stereo x, equalizer, tone).

When can we have a fix?

Thanks.

Hi! I have same troble with flac hi res files, and it only works when tone and eq are off, there have been many updates but this touble remains, I hope soon we have a fix

I suspect these sort of issues will only be addressed by v3 of Poweramp which is under development, as it will use a completely revamped audio engine.

Andre

Here the same problem, I hear the clicks only when I play flac files to 88.2 and 176,4 Khz in 24 bits ... turning off the equalizer and tone control, clicks disappear ...

With other music players do not have this problem.

My cell phone is a Galaxy S4 with android 4.4.2

I have the same issue, and here it's 2018 and still no fix as of yet. I deleted my entire library, uninstalled and reinstalled....didn't fix a thing.