chromecast

joergsattler

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I see that this thread has been running for a while. I've purchased a Chromecast Audio dongle and I've also had to purchase Rocket Player. I've been forced to do this because my go to music player does not provide the "Cast" feature. I'm disappointed with the developer's for not having the foresight to implement this feature. Can I please remind you that previous market leaders who also had no foresight are now almost non existent. I.e. Nokia and Blackberry. Please don't let your excellent app slip into the wilderness of nothingness. Prioritise and implement this feature before there's nobody left to care whether or not you do. Lastly please reimburse me for the purchase cost of Rocket player... It's because of you that I had to buy it... Thanks..

. Looking forward to the update

• 1 month later...

I'm blown away that Chromecast isn't supported yet, especially with the release of Chromecast Audio.  I just checked my Play Store receipt and I've been using and recommending this player since 2/1/2011, but sadly I'm looking elsewhere now.  This truly is a make or break feature.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As an update on why adding this feature is not quite as easy as you would think, here's a response from Max (the Poweramp dev) on the subject:

Chromecast streaming is very easy for mp3/mp4 and flac (low res) without further processing. As for all other formats Poweramp supports, it's close to impossible. And I really don't want to pack Poweramp with features that don't work. DLNA and cloud support, plus Google Music, is much more doable in timely manner, I have these modules ready and I just need to integrate them.

Chromecast limited module exists also, but requires more work to make it play all the formats with all the DSP options PA can apply. Also, Poweramp is more about the actual playback, not about controlling remote devices, it has own audio engine, DSP, etc., and that is not what Chromecast is focused for.

Nothing is likely to be added before the current alpha-test release gets into at least a late beta form though.

Andre

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Maybe its time to consider if it should still remain as a playback app and not controlling remote devices.just a player!

It is so many of us missing Cromecast support. I would happily pay more for this feature.

So please, add the Cromecast feature, then it would be the awesome #1 app!

As the new Cromecast audio also have multiroom functionality it will grow on the market quickly and people would look for players that's support Cromecast. 

Sincerely
Michael

I believe that basic Chromecast streaming is planned for the next-but-one test release of Poweamp v3. Max released alpha2 yesterday, and his next planned (beta) release should feature an updated user interface. After that, there will be one more beta release before it is officially released, which should include Chromecast/DLNA/etc output.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/3/2016 at 9:39 AM, andrewilley said:

I believe that basic Chromecast streaming is planned for the next-but-one test release of Poweamp v3. Max released alpha2 yesterday, and his next planned (beta) release should feature an updated user interface. After that, there will be one more beta release before it is officially released, which should include Chromecast/DLNA/etc output.

Andre

That's a great news ! I tried to use the Google Play app, but it really sucks compared to Poweramp !

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2016‎-‎03‎-‎22 at 9:39 AM, andrewilley said:

Andre

That's great!

• 2 years later...
On 3/23/2016 at 9:39 AM, andrewilley said:

Andre

Can't even find the right option in newest v3-Build818... 

Definitely the very best Music player if there would be multi room output like "AirAudio" or "Whaale" does and easy way of playback from multiple sources (NAS, Cloud Servers etc.) would be possible... Please bring the share button back into the regular Player skin/window, where it was possible in older versions. What's about the (payed) third party skins and refunds? Thx a lot for your professional support and feedback within the next few days and many greetings from Berlin, Ralf

Archived