AVRCP 1.3/1.4

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a SGS III and the unusable usual MP3 player does show song information on my Car Stereo set but Poweramp does not until today. I really love Poweramp but it really needs that feature. I do not want to buy an iPhone :wub: .

Please Max if you could fix that too?

Edit: Now I have seen that the version 508 is not the same that I have had installed from Play Store. And indeed build 508 does display all needed AVRCP info on my car set RNS315. Beautiful. I always loved the Power Amp player but now it's amazing. Worth every cent I paid for it.

Thank you.

It's supposed to work on ROMs based on CyanogenMod and AOKP (Android Open Kang Project). I guess it should also apply to other phones that use a similar AVRCP implementation if such phones exist. It will probably not work on phones using some sort of proprietary deviation from the standard. See http://www.aplayerpr...&t=246&start=30

Sorry Max for discussing a competing product on your board but it's not exactly like you are demonstrating any intention to implement this in Poweramp...

EDIT: This is pretty awesome. Without much talk you implemented AVRCP tag sending and it works like a charm beginning build 508. Thanks a lot Max!

Yes, Max is Quietly Brilliant... :D

• 4 weeks later...

Last time I checked (about a week ago) it worked just fine on CM9. Where it indeed does not work is CM10, but Player Pro doesn't work either so it's probably a ROM bug.

(SGS I9000)

EDIT: It works now on the August 18th nightly build of CM10 for SGS I9000).

Last time I checked (about a week ago) it worked just fine on CM9. Where it indeed does not work is CM10, but Player Pro doesn't work either so it's probably a ROM bug.

(SGS I9000)

EDIT: It works now on the August 18th nightly build of CM10 for SGS I9000).

Thank you for your test. I've tested various builds, in none of them it worked, don't know why. I've just tested the build from august 19. and it just shows "STOP" on my car audio, but no title information. :(

• 11 months later...

After a long time with Track Info and a long time without, Google fixed AVRCP on Android 4.3 - but Track Info is broken with Poweramp.

Tested with BT Headset: Sony MW600 and Paranoid Android 3.9x (ROM is Android 4.3-based).

While Poweramp show no Track Name, Google Play Music or GoneMAD Music Player work as expected. This was tested on Stock 4.3 also.

Please fix! Since I love Poweramp and don't want to switch! :-)

Ok, here is the ultimate workaround. But don't ask me, why this works. ;) I'll file a bug report asap to get this fixed.

As soon as the Android Lock Screen is activated, Track Name is transmitted. If you switch off this setting, Tracknames still get transmitted. But if you reboot your phone, you have to enable Android Lock Screen again. Or just leave it enabled. :)

Seems to be a bug somewhere...

Came to the forums to search for this issue...  I'm not getting any bluetooth info on my car radio.  

Nexus 4

Stock jellybean 4.3

Google play music works perfectly.  I get the track name, album art, track length.

Poweramp... nothing.

(I'll try out the lock screen workaround mentioned in the post directly above later today and will report back with any results.)

just a followup... JensDoe appears to be correct.  Once I enabled the lock screen and activated it, the album art and track info appeared.

Oddly enough, the track length didn't.

Still, better than it was.  No idea how JensDoe ever unraveled that workaround!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I also want to chime in to either request this feature or to find a workaround for my problem. 

I found a forum for the Xperia Z that suggests that the lack of AVRCP 1.3/1.4 in Poweramp may be my problem.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2360165

I have an LG Optimus G Pro and am running rooted STOCK.

My headphones are Sony MW1 (AKA Smart Wireless Headset Pro).

Even though the phone is not mine, the problem seems to be exactly the same as on my phone.

Basically:

When I use the default LG music player, song and artist info transfers via bluetooth without issue.

When I use Poweramp, the headphones only show the last song played by the stock music player... which means that when I skip tracks in Poweramp, the song title on the headset always shows the exact same info no matter what.

When I freeze the stock music app and then try using Poweramp, then the headphones only show UNKNOWN.  I've tried all the Metadata tweaks in Poweramp settings and none of them do anything.

Please do something about this.  I have had Poweramp uninstalled for a few weeks since getting my phone, and I still like Poweramp over the stock player.  But I need the title info to display properly.

I don;t want the PURCHASE of Poweramp to go to waste! (Yes, I am using the FULL version of the app)

Ok, here is the ultimate workaround.

I will try tomorrow. Thank you for that. I had it always enabled. Now i took a look in the settings and it was disabled. I think it will work when i try it. :)

Oddly enough, the track length didn't.

I can't remember that this had ever worked. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Archived