How exactly does album art embedding work?

puddle_stomper

As I listen to music and notice a song with missing album art, I download it through the player. However, I can never tell if I'm downloading it to the Poweramp album art folder or if it's actually being embedded. Sometimes there is an option that says "Embed album art" and sometimes there isn't.  I guess what I really want to know is how to consistently embed album art so that I'm not filling up the app data folder with hundreds of images and won't have to redo everything if I ever restore my phone.

Here are examples:

1.) This album has the "Embed album art" text under the top right image. Does this mean it is embedded already? Does it mean that I have to select that image in order for it to embed?

yPOnlNpl.png

2.) This album does not have the "Embed album art" option. Does this mean that I can't embed the album art? Will clicking the top right image embed it?

UXciQT1l.png

On the other hand, is there an option to always save the album art to its respective album's folder on the SD card rather than within the data folder?

I don't think Poweramp itself can save new album art inside MP3 files at present, it just keeps local copies of the images. It can however display artwork that has already been embedded into a file, and I think that is what you see in the above screens (I think the wording should probably read as "Embedded Album Art" rather than "Embed album art").

Andre

I think the wording should probably read as "Embedded Album Art" rather than "Embed album art".

Thanks, Andre! You're right. I checked with my own recordings that only have embedded art and wouldn't be found online, and the "embed artwork" option showed the art that I embedded on my computer. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Archived