"battery drain" oldie but goodie

sabbath

Hey all, first time poster here. Been searching for an answer to this for a few days to no avail. While Poweramp is running it's chewing up my battery. Evo 4G LTE, the following are stats I have gathered just today alone. My question is this, is the drain caused by Poweramp or Android? Just so I know who to cry to, seeing how I spent money on this product and as it sits is somewhat unusable.

"Using GSAM battery monitor I can see that once I start Poweramp using earbuds I have a major battery drain. System *wakelock* detail AudioOut_4 is active the entire time Poweramp is running. Included *wakelock* processes are mediaserver. GSAM is showing my phone "held awake" the entire time Poweramp is running. After running Poweramp for 2 hours and 38 minutes, my cpu usage for said wakelock is 29m 51s. keep awake time is 2h 38m. number of wakelocks is 136, and app UID is 1013.

Also need to mention System *wakelock* .com.maxmpz.audioplayer.playerservice,. Included packages "Poweramp full version unlocker", Included processes are *wakelock* com.maxmpz.audioplayer. Was also running, but for a much shorter time. had 59 wakelocks, app UID 10209. Keep awake was only 5m 33s."

I've tried turning off all the posible options I can think of through Poweramp with no noticeable luck. Has anyone found a fix for this? From what I've found through Google, this has been an issue for some time.

• 7 months later...

I signed on to pass this tip on and see if it solves anyone else's drain.  I've been reading for a while after my phone's battery recently went to hell and I found that MediaServer took over seemingly only after I used PA for a spell in the morning. Since then, I've tried every trick in Settings, etc.

I noticed in another thread that someone blamed the home screen widget for at least being associated with the drain. It seemed like a long shot but I've tried everything else short of uninstalling PA.  I removed the widget and I'm thinking my batter is now finally recharging.  it didn't hurt to try and maybe it'll work for you and give the devs something to go on.

Why do you think your device can play music while completely sleeping? This is not possible unless there is a separate DSP and CPU chips (and then they will be awoke).

Existing wakelock doesn't mean that there is a drain. Music playing is continuous process and system can't go sleep completely, so there are wakelocks (optionally held by Poweramp, System media server, audio driver, etc.). 

If you have battery drains in your system, please look elsewhere - Poweramp power usage is very low (I would say, it the lowest for audio players on Play) and confirmed/verified by millions of our users as such.

Thanks!

Existing wakelock doesn't mean that there is a drain. Music playing is continuous process and system can't go sleep completely, so there are wakelocks (optionally held by Poweramp, System media server, audio driver, etc.). 

If you have battery drains in your system, please look elsewhere - Poweramp power usage is very low (I would say, it the lowest for audio players on Play) and confirmed/verified by millions of our users as such.

Thanks!

Sorry if I stepped on toes.  I never leave PA playing for a long time and I never see it in my battery apps.  However, it seemed to be the only app I've found that apparently started up MediaServer where MediaServer then procesed to become the cause of my battery to plummet from 100% to 40$ ina  amtter of an hour or two.  This seems to occur if I use PA at the gym for less than an hour.  Using Spotify, Pandora or Google Play hasn't been the saem problem.

Honestly maxmp, I wan't blaming anyone but have watched this thread go a couple years without any real solution.

Archived