default music base folder

myK

I've a Parrot Asteroid Smart in my car and would like to use Poweramp with it.
Many of my mp3 files are stored on the USB devices. I don't use the SD card because it isn't easy to remove.

The default base folder for music is / mnt / sdcard / in Poweramp.
Is there a way to change this folder (specifying / mnt /), so you can access the mounted USB devices?

Thanks

Only if that structure is visible in Poweramp's Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders.

It'd be really nice to have a tickbox in the Music Folders screen to allow access to the full (root) directory structure to help out in cases like this where the layout might be non-standard. Obviously a popup would be needed warning that you are about to access system locations and to be sure you know what you are doing.

Andre

Only if that structure is visible in Poweramp's Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders.

It'd be really nice to have a tickbox in the Music Folders screen to allow access to the full (root) directory structure to help out in cases like this where the layout might be non-standard. Obviously a popup would be needed warning that you are about to access system locations and to be sure you know what you are doing.

Andre

Yes, it'd be wonderfull !

in Poweramp's Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders, i just can see /mnt/SDCARD, not the mounting points for USB devices

• 2 months later...

I'm in the exact same predicament as yourself.....

I have been kindly requesting the above solution, on this forum and private PM's to the Dev... But no response !!!!!! This is such a small/simple modification.

There has been two major updates since my request..... But the LACK of response is quite common from what I have read on this forum.

Neutron Music Player does have the option to scan the "mnt" location, and an app called "Asteroid Tweaker" has an option to mount the USB drive in "mnt"

I have funded both apps by purchasing the pro version.... If I had known what I know now I would not bothered with Poweramp

Archived