Network device and storage support

Hello everyone,

I know that this is a request that many have already made, but I thought I would bring it back up again. It would be nice to be able to access my music say on my network device or home server.

In my case, I have a Seagate Wireless Plus 1 TB wireless hard drive, and I am using ES File Explorer to access my music on the device. I am avoiding storing music on my phone to conserve on space. However, I really like the Poweramp app, and if I would be able to listen to my music stored on my network through this app, I would be a buyer right away!

Does anyone else share this interest? Or does anyone else have any similar ideas?

This is an Android issue really.

You can do this I believe. You'd need to root your phone, install a custom recovery then flash a ROM with CIFS support built in to it. With CIFS, you can mount network locations natively to the Android filesystem, much like mapping a network drive in Windows. You should then be able to add this location to the folder list in Poweramp.

This should also work with apps like MX Player for video streaming ;-)

• 4 months later...

>you can mount network locations natively to the Android filesystem

This is NOT a good solution for many reasons. The most important: it does not work for not english characters (e.g. french, Portuguese, or spanish characters with accents).

" CIFS Mount" will break any folder of file including not basic engish characters. It will simply be useless. This is not a solution at all.

>you can mount network locations natively to the Android filesystem

This is NOT a good solution for many reasons. The most important: it does not work for not english characters (e.g. french, Portuguese, or spanish characters with accents).

" CIFS Mount" will break any folder of file including not basic engish characters. It will simply be useless. This is not a solution at all.

See this website for a fix:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1128009

Archived