How long should it take to scan?

pote

I've read several posts about folder scanning issues and before I complain about it being stuck, I'm wondering how patient I should be. I have a stock Samsung Galaxy S Relay, ICS 4.0, dual core whatever, and a SanDisk 32GB class 10 card. I reformatted the card last night and it took around an hour or more. Copied 21GB of songs took 45 minutes to offboard it and 1.2 hours to onboard them back. So based on this, should the scan take hours, days or minutes? Oh and PA version is 2.0.8 b 525

Thank you for the reply. I have reformatted the card now on both the device and on a pc. have reinstalled the app twice too. my battery meter shows com.maxmpz.audioplayer... is pulling 70% and in Settings/Folders and Library the scanning library circle has been spinning for 4 hours now. When I dismount the sd card, it scans very fast, cuz there is nothing in the device music folder. Thought - I have some flac files in the folder. does that cause a problem for the scanner? It's like it cant even finish 1 scan. (edit for spelling)

Archived