Respond to Headset Buttons needs another option

Crummy

Need a option to respond to headset buttons only when player is active. Every time I use Poweramp I have to click the setting for "Respond to Headset Buttons" and then disable it when I get done using it. I use other audio players for podcasts, audiobooks and recorded radio programs and none of them take over the controls like Poweramp. One of my other players has a option to "only override when player is active" and the others just do it automatically. If Poweramp bookmarked podcasts, audiobooks and radio talk shows then it would be the only player needed but since I need several I need to control which player responds to bluetooth controls. Changing settings every time Poweramp is used is a nuisance.

Thanks for the request.

On Android 2.2 the last player which played something will respond to the headset buttons.

As for 2.1, this is controlled by player settings, but PowerAMP will go inactive in 30 seconds of idle, meaning it won't be started by headset until the app started, if this option is implemented.

Thanks for the request.

On Android 2.2 the last player which played something will respond to the headset buttons.

Thanks for the response.

Sounds like 2.2 is the best option. I wish Motorola and my carrier would hurry up and move me to 2.2. Not ready to install 2.2 on my own but getting close. I can suffer through manually setting Poweramp to respond until I get 2.2. Makes it easier when you know a fix is coming soon. Thanks again.

Archived