Album List - Sort by Album Artist

bdmarvel

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have read many posts on the Album Artist Tag on this forum. Many Poweramp users are asking for this tag to be available. Well, to help my Poweramp user friends I have further developed my New Playlist Manager app

http://www.playlistm...nmedia.com/npm/

to provide functionality where you can build your own query from selected mp3 tags (Album Artist Included!!) as well as sorting this playlist in any way you like.

The app integrates with Poweramp in that it shows the Poweramp specific Rating and Times Played tags. Export to m3u format and you are ready to go.

• 2 months later...

"it's the only feature *i* find to be missing from Poweramp"

Yup, only feature missing, Poweramp has everything else, namely the sound. Without EQ it sounds much better than any other music player on my phone. Poweramp with EQ leaves everything in the dust.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As a great fun of classical music, I am annoyed when my THREE  Bach ”Art of fugue”s, with THREE different artists, are considered by Powermp as a SINGLE album :( , while in iTunes they are three DIFFERENT albums.Why should I tag differently this three albums, only because Poweramp is not able to understand that "The Art of fugue" is the title of a famous Bach's work, but it could be played by many artists, hence there are plenty of albums with the same title? Poweramp should refine its software for an ALBUM be indeed a single ALBUM, but not considering an ALBUM all the files with the same title.

I tasted many music players, and surely Poweramp is the best (at least, it has the Composer tag, which is essential for classical music lovers). Definitely an improvement is necessary so that albums with the same title could be easily discerned.

You're preaching to the choir here, Album Artist support is one of the most requested features in Poweramp (and Disc Number too, while we're at it). Once the current alpha build of the new audio engine is considered stable enough to become a beta release, then feature requests will start to be looked at. I've been pushing for better tag support to be right up at the top of the list if possible (if for no other reason than it should be easy to code and give widespread benefit, and thus IMHO it falls into the "low hanging fruit" category).

Andre

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/03/2016 at 7:09 PM, andrewilley said:

Album Artist sorting should now be implemented in Poweramp v3 Alpha-test #2, if anyone wants to test it:

Reminder, this is an alpha test so make sure you backup your current system first in case you want to roll back.

Andre

So this means you guys are listening?!  I just joined here so I could put my vote into the feature request forum for this feature.  Seems like no Poweramp employees respond for years.  But good to know about the new one coming out with the feature.

Archived