Remember last song position

briantidmore

Any chance the player can remember the last song position? I listen to podcasts, and every time I switch songs and them come back to the podcast or the player is turned off it starts the audio file at the beginning. For podcasts that are a few hours long this is a major problem of having to find the last position I was listening.

Thanks!

Brian

briantidmore@gmail.com

Thanks for the request.

PowerAMP always had the ability to save last song/position. There were some report that on some phones+android versions it wasn't the case,

but as far as I know, latest builds (295+) are free from this problem.

Unfortunately I was never able to reproduce it locally (probably, because my test phones are "fresh", like after factory reset, so there is no any possible interference from other software).

I don't find PowerAMP remembers play positions for audio files either. It remembers the current file and position if you exit and restart the player, which is usually all I need, but if I play another track in the meantime and then return to the first one, it starts the track at the beginning again. Is it meant to remember the last-played location for every file?

Andre

If you mean the per-track position remembering, this is not implemented - this better fits audiobook focused player, as one usually wants to listen music from start not from pretty random position. There will be audiobook/podcast support enhancements in PowerAMP, though.

I use Poweramp to listen to mp3 audiobooks and I would like to see a feature where the program remembers the exact position within a file so that I can continue listening the next time from the same point. I am glad that you are considering this feature for future updates. Thank you.

I use Poweramp to listen to audiobooks in mp3 format and would like to see a feature where the program remembers the exact position where I left off listening to the file so that i don't have to remember where to continue listening the next time.. I am glad to know that you are considering this feature for future updates. Thank you.

Regarding the long press on headphone play button, I think that's a great solution. Eventually I just disabled the headphone support feature because it would always play when I didn't want it to. When desired it's a great feature though.

Looks like my trial period just ended as I was trying to confirm some of the playlist features so I can't confirm but if this had Smart playlist support I could effectively retire my iPod. I'm a podcast junkie and the only way to keep on top of them is a combination of many smart playlists feeding off of each other. This is assuming remember song position was functioning.

I can't confirm some of these details due to the trial expiring so chances are I won't buy without further testing. Seems like a good app though.

Was there video file support?

Thanks

Archived