"Too many files failed - Playback will stop now."

Hi there,

I have an HTC One X branded by the German Telekom released for the German market. I am running Poweramp 2.0.7 build 515 full version and I have purchased and installed the unlocker.

Since I've uploaded approx. 500 music files to the SD card of my HTC One X the Poweramp App doesn't work properly anymore: In 80 % of the attempts the app tries to playback a file with no result but says "Too many files failed. Playback will be stopped now" (translated from German into English :-)). Most confusing: There are some music files (20 %) that work properly. :huh::unsure: There is no "problem pattern" visible because all files are located in exactly the same folder on the SD card :blink: I have already updated the folders list and searched for new locations on my SD card - even with the intensive search of Poweramp that included all tags and stuff. But still does not work ...

Is there anyboby out there who can help me with this wierd thing, please?!?!?

Thanks so much ;)

• 1 month later...

"Too many files failed" message is shown when more than 5-10 files in a row can't be played. This can happen because:

- no such files actually exist on sd card (files or folder were moved somewhere else, deleted outside of Poweramp, etc.). Folders Rescan will fix that

- sd card is unmounted (e.g. phone is connected as usb storage)

- given files are not in Poweramp supported format

- files can't be read (sd card is broken, files were not downloaded completely, etc.)

- PowerampTrial time limit. Poweramp will stop playing files and on next start it will show Trial Ended dialog.

Thanks.

"Too many files failed" message is shown when more than 5-10 files in a row can't be played. This can happen because:

- no such files actually exist on sd card (files or folder were moved somewhere else, deleted outside of Poweramp, etc.). Folders Rescan will fix that

- sd card is unmounted (e.g. phone is connected as usb storage)

- given files are not in Poweramp supported format

- files can't be read (sd card is broken, files were not downloaded completely, etc.)

- PowerampTrial time limit. Poweramp will stop playing files and on next start it will show Trial Ended dialog.

Thanks.

Hello!

I'm having the problem since I installed cyanogenmod 10 in my galaxy S2.

It plays ok the first 10 songs (aproximately) and then fails. I have to reboot the phone to fix it.

-already made full rescan.

- I can perfectly open files in my SD card.

- I have the problem with any files, files which play ok in Poweramp.

-I already by power amp full version unlocker. I am not 100% is really being activated when I open it.

Ok... I noticed the error always happen after I play 10 songs. So I guess the full version unlocker is not working after I installed cyanogenmod.

Do you know how can I get it to work, maybe not using the market...

About logs, I have no experience with this. I recorded the logs, but how can I send this to you?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I was having this issue too - the error started appearing after like 30 mins of non stop music listening.

I switched to another music player and music plays fine for hours, so there must be something wrong in how Poweramp reads the files from the sd card.

• 6 months later...

I started having this problem in the last week or so.  Today it happened several times in a very short period.  At the time I had the phone connected to my laptop by USB cable and it kept connecting and disconnecting (bad cable), after I switched to a charger the problem stopped.  I guess Poweramp is very sensitive to the phone being connected as a USB storage device.

Archived