USB Audio out for Galaxy phones (S3/Note2)

quadpatch

Hi,

I know this might get shot down quick for being frivolous and too niche but I thought I might try. Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2 users can output digital audio to USB DACs for superior sound quality at reasonable prices but a lot of DACs still don't work when they could. I have two such devices, but they are able to play FLAC files with a bit of software called 'USB Audio Recorder Pro'. I don't know how it does it but it works, although it only plays FLAC, WAV or OGG and all my music is in MP3 or M4a Lossless for some reason. Also this software, as the name suggests, is really an audio recorder rather than a player so for choosing and playing music it's pretty awful!

So.. the big question: Do you think it would be possible to enable USB audio out with Power Amp? I would think there should be some of the 35+ million Galaxy owners who might have a USB DAC. Anyone else reading this think they might have a use for this feature?

Thanks for your time :)

• 3 weeks later...

The USB Audio Recorder Pro music player doesn’t use the USB audio kernel driver only existing on a few devices like Galaxy S3 or Galaxy Note2.

It uses its own USB audio function, which interfaces directly with the USB Host API, to communicate with an external USB DAC.

http://www.head-fi.o...60#post_9020197

Its developer is willing to make a USB Audio application service so that a music player like Poweramp can bind to.

In the end, this "music player + USB Audio Recorder Pro service" will be functional across a lot of Android devices that have USB host enabled and have Android version 3.1+.

Its developer looks for collaboration.

http://www.head-fi.o...60#post_9015714

• 4 weeks later...

As we decode everything in PCM internally, we can actually stream that PCM to anywhere, though currently it's only the AudioTrack (or OpenSL/disk writter used internally), thus, if such service would exists, I think audio routing implementation to it is quite possible.

Thanks!

As we decode everything in PCM internally, we can actually stream that PCM to anywhere, though currently it's only the AudioTrack (or OpenSL/disk writter used internally), thus, if such service would exists, I think audio routing implementation to it is quite possible.

Thanks!

How about contacting Davy Wentzler (info@audio-evolution.com), the developer of the USB Audio Recorder PRO app in order to ensure that his upcoming USB Audio Service meets your requirements?

• 4 months later...

Archived