Please Help - Album Cover Display Issue

Hello all,

I am using the Poweramp trial version on the recommendation of a friend that it is the best music player on the android market. I like a lot of the features, but one thing I cannot fix is the album art that is displayed when viewing albums. Many many albums all display the same album art (like a default option, actually Yellowcard album). Yet, if I navigate into that album and play a song from that album, it will display the correct album art. But then if I back out to the album view, it once again displays the "default" album art cover. Is there any way to fix this?

I have tried removing my music, enabling "download album art", clearing the existing art covers, etc. I am at a loss and frustrated... please help :(

Here is a screenshot of the problem. You see, the album, "The Boats and The Birds" has the "default" album art and then when I play a song from that album it displays correctly.

http://imgur.com/a/bFOlh#0

http://imgur.com/a/bFOlh#1

• 2 weeks later...

If you keep your music all in one folder and it isn't well organized this happens a lot. I have had similar problems on multiple occasions. What I usually do is go into the settings, under album art, then deselect "download album art". The I select the "prefer downloaded art" option (this is technically applied only to the player screen but you never know) and uncheck "prefer in-folder images". After that I delete the album art cache and once the cache is cleared I will force stop the app, then restart it and go back to the settings and re-select the download album art option. This has fixed it many times for me. If you want an even better fix, go into your filesystem and delete every single album art file that isn't in an album specific folder, clear Poweramp's app data, then reinstall the app.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same/similar issue.

I'm running v2.0.7 build 515 (full version) on two devices - my HTC Rezound phone (ICS) and my Samsung Galaxy 2 Tablet (JB). I have the same iTunes playlist synced to both devices (which is the only music I have on those devices). All of the synced music has embedded album art. My Poweramp setting are identical on both devices in Album Art Settings: ALL UNCHECKED: Download Album Art, Prefer Downloaded Album Art, Prefer In-Folder Images. I have tried deleting the album art cache, reinstalling Poweramp, and resyncing all music. Here's the problem:

On my HTC Rezound - I have no issues. All album art in the Library -> Albums list displays properly.

On my Samsung Galaxy 2 Tablet - I have issues. Half of my albums display no album art in the Library -> Albums list (they display the default grey CD case/CD image). However, whenever I play any of the songs from the affected albums, the album art displays just fine on the player screen.

I have not downloaded any album art via Poweramp - it's all embedded.

Help?

Archived