Auto folder scan?

I'd like to request an "auto folder scan" option. I often sync my phone's music folder with new tunes every morning, and it would be really nice to have Poweramp just automatically scan the folders to pick up the new files. Perhaps every time Poweramp starts it could do a "slow background" scan - that way it would be unobtrusive. Or maybe set up an auto scan time each day. Or how about an interval timeout (auto scan if it's been X hours since the last scan, etc.)?

I sync my files using a PC-based folder sync program (wireless file access is achieved using a small FTP server running on the droid). So my updated music files (podcasts mainly) get synced in the background without any real notification to the phone. At the moment, I go into PowerAMP's settings and press the Rescan Folders button whenever I remember. :)

I guess for me, an option to automatically rescan folders whenever I manually start PowerAMP would be a great one (it only takes 1.5 seconds to scan, I can live with that). Probably not worth the re-scan occuring when the program wakes itself up in the background when headphones are attached, only when the main interface is loaded.

Andre

Archived