It's not the user that's our problem, it's the hackers that have websites like, mobilism, and take everything we do to make the customer's life easier and make us regret it. Nevertheless, we have to figure something out!

The hackers who go to mobilism and get the cracked version are never bothered! What a nice deal.

Why punish us? They will always distribute popular software, doesn't matter if u have activation or not. Don't believe me? People are installing full versions of Windows 8 for a month already and a multi billion dollar software company can't stop them. Good luck to you!

BTW A better method is to disable server side features such as album art or automatic updates, thus not affecting legit users who have no internet and teasing the hackers. All multiplayer video games have done this for the last 20 years and it works very well. People end up paying for the connected features.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your post will be deleted same as mine. Funny, I first heard about mobilism solution from Wen (moderator). From exact post you quoted. And works flawlessly. Much better than legal version. Instead get 5$ from me, they push me to cracked version. What a nice deal :D

P.S.

Wen, you shouldn't delete my post. I said, I will buy application if you remove licence check. Now, I'm not sure anymore...

I paid because i use it everyday and the price was ok. It might be the only app I've paid for.

But now:

It's been 3 months since the last beta and some bugs are prevalent.

I don't anticipate them being fixed in the next release either.

The dev has probably made a ton of money and hasn't hired extra help.

Other music players have caught up and _passed_ Poweramp. Ratings on files...

I have had Poweramp on my Kindle Fire for a few months, and it also, without changing anything on the Fire, gives me this License check error, usually when I'm flying and can't get on the internet to re-validate the license. This problem happens on half of the flights I take. I have also uninstalled and re-installed Poweramp several times, with no change, this problem still occurs.

btaylor_79

Poweramp doens't reverify license. Never. This is, of course, Poweramp wasn't deleted/its data cleared or its preferences/data somehow else cleared (e.g. by Factory Reset). If you get verification error constantly this means you have invalid license (we don't have your google account in our purchases database).

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

btaylor_79

Poweramp doens't reverify license. Never. This is, of course, Poweramp wasn't deleted/its data cleared or its preferences/data somehow else cleared (e.g. by Factory Reset). If you get verification error constantly this means you have invalid license (we don't have your google account in our purchases database).

Thanks!

This is simply not true!

I'm travelling abroad and had data roaming disabled. In order to check my emails, I purchased 10MB of roaming data from my network provider. I didn't notice it at the time but apparently Poweramp ran an automatic update in the background. The next time I tried to start Poweramp, it came up with a Licence verification error and wouldn't play anymore.

I only purchased Poweramp a few days ago, I paid money for it and after only a few days I was suddenly unable to use it. This thread was started two and a half months ago, the issue should have been fixed by now. The very least you could do is to warn people before they pay for Poweramp. I suggest you use a large font and write in red on your homepage:

CAUTION: Poweramp may be rendered unusable at any time without prior warning!!!

Instead, you're denying that the problem even exits. That's the poorest way you could possibly treat your paying customers.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a paid customer but the email that I used to registered here may not be same as my Google account. In case Mods wanted to verified, I am gladly providing through PM's.

Regarding the issue at hand, here is some food for though

First, I used the pirated version of Poweramp for about a month or more before decided to get a paid version. Why? Because I wanted to tried more than one music player out there to pick the right one that I really, really wanted. Honestly, ProPlayer proving a much, much better sound than Poweramp but Poweramp is better in term of UI and option/functioning. So, you still got your money because your app is good, even though I can continued to use the pirated app without paying you a cent but I didn't do that. I think you guys deserved the financial supported.

There was another app that I used daily, it's called Call Master. This app is extremely useful and it has two version: Free and Paid

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.blacklist&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImZhaHJib3QuYXBwcy5ibGFja2xpc3QiXQ..

Different between the Paid and Free version is you will be nagged once in a while using the free version. Ther is a pop-up screen that lasted for 7 seconds asking you to get the paid one, but if you don't, you still be fine. The app is still usable and user still can live with it.

After a week using the app, I'm about to buy the license. Just before doing so, upon browsing through the app's thread in XDA's forum, I've found many, many complaints regarding the license verifying process - exactly like Poweramp - and that's preventing me from buying the paid version. Do you see the point here? Free version is usable anywhere WITHOUT any restriction - internet connection in this case - whereas the free version is much better in term of restriction, just a little annoying, of which, customers still "can live with it" (quote from the app's Dev original words in XDA's forum)

So the choice is yours to make. I already paid for the app and I have no complaint (until I got on the plane some time in the future). As for your verified system (untrusting your customer :D ) you will likely preventing peoples from buying your app in the future

Just some food for though my friend :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there a another way to buy the Unlocker in Germany? With paypal i have to to verify a valid Credit Card (but I don’t have one). In the market it’s the same problem.

I can only buy through Credit Card and Paypal. There is no wire transfer or sth like that.

If there is no other way?

The Support told me that i should try to place a new order with paypal but no chance to buy it without a credit card.

(and sorry for my bad english :)

Hello friends,

I have already bought the Unlocker Poweramp, my phone has ICS 4.0.3 but I want to put a custom ROM does not want to lose my license What can I do? How can I find the file Poweramp Unlocker.apk in my phone to put it before the custom ROM would be installed?

Thanks.

i am also having this problem with a kindle fire hd. when i purchased the program, it asked me to put in the verified google account that the phone was registered to. being a kindle, it isn't a phone and you cant use google play with a nonrooted kindle. so i just put in my hotmail address. i am still waiting to hear from them as my player has now failed registration and will not upgrade. *sigh*.

hi,

for a couple of weeks i buyed Poweramp via paypal. after a sofwareupdate Poweramp doesnt work anymore and the unlocker was lost. where can i redownload the unlocker ? my googleaccount is the same like in this account. pls help..i cant life without that player. :(

Archived