• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JamesAdam

Back Button During Now Playing

12 posts in this topic

I noticed this had been mentioned before, but the post seemed to go ignored.

Anyway, I would like the back button to take me back to the track list during Now Playing instead of back to the home screen. I'd press the home button if I wanted that.. Is there a reason it's like this?

It's like that so people can go back to their home screen faster... And not the tracklist because there are too many possibilities of places people would want to go to if the Back button was setup that way. But if you click the song name below the play/pause button... You will go to the tracklist :)

This behavior was actually a requested feature before ;)

How about an option then? I'd like the back key to take me back through the menus/lists. If I want to get to the home screen fast, I can just press the home button. Now I have two buttons right next to each other that do essentially the same thing.

Typically, the back button goes something like this...

Now Playing > Track List > Album List > Artist List> Home Screen

The home button...

Now Playing > Home Screen

How about an option then? I'd like the back key to take me back through the menus/lists. If I want to get to the home screen fast, I can just press the home button. Now I have two buttons right next to each other that do essentially the same thing.

The home button...

I second this, this feature would be brilliant.

Okay, that could probable be an option.

Hi,

Is this feature available yet? It would be really great if the back button goes to playlist instead of home.

Thanks!

Someone posted this on reddit: Poweramp settings -> look and feel -> general -> change startup screen to whatever you want to go back with back key -> reopen Poweramp

Worked for me!

Actually that changes the default startup screen, but you're right that it has the side-effect of the 'Back' button taking you to that screen first, before tapping back again to exit the app.

Andre

On 7/31/2012 at 9:17 AM, brosselle said:

The home button...

I know this is an old thread, but this would be a great feature. It could just be an option so people who want to retain the function that is available now can. But I agree with earlier posters (and some people on reddit have also voiced), that having a home button as well as a back button which returns to home immediately is counterintuitive. Of course having the default start screen or open screen being now playing makes sense, but often pressing the back button is easier than clicking around on the screen to get to the current playlist. 

Please make this a feature!!

I'd also love this feature. On the player screen, back and home do exactly the same thing. The option to go to the track list makes a lot of sense.

Poweramp Settings > Look and Feel > General > Startup Screen. Change this from Player to Library (or Folders) and that will become the app's entry/exit screen rather than the player. But pressing Back within an app's homepage is normally used to exit the app, so it's only standard Android functionality.

Andre