FUN - Vocal Remover and Other Effects

Enitoni

What do you think?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Like the idea?

• I like the idea and think it should be implemented
    • I like the idea
    • I dont like the idea

Who doesn't like taking the head phone jack a little bit out, to make the vocals sound like in a long hallway? Or making some of the synths a bit weird?

Sadly, not all headphone jacks can do this, so what I am requesting, is a vocal remover knob (optional ofcourse) Make it in a category along with other effects, name?

Experimental, Fun, Misc or Effects, I already love this app, so what about some fun in it too? Also effects or enchantment knobs could go there, along with stereo x, layout?

Try making a button that opens this little window with all these effects, or maybe another screen? You name it.

Anyway I would like to see some of the community give ideas for the effects , and as always, constructive criticism is appreciated.

Feature Ideas:

Vocal remover (suggested by me)

Reverb, delay (suggested by me)

Volume Boost, or rather "Volume gain" (idea by wesleyoliveira)

More to come, reply with your ideas and I might write them here. :)

The "Reverb, delay" and "Volume Boost" "Volume gain" - I support these. :)

Vocal removal effects feature in audio editors/software has always been a poor hit and miss in my past experience so for that I don't support that.

Personally, I'd prefer Max's valuable development time to go into making Poweramp an (even) better audio player with easier and better playback controls, still more accurate audio, and other useful features - rather than making it into the Instagram of sound. Just IMHO anyway.

Andre

• 1 month later...

Personally, I'd prefer Max's valuable development time to go into making Poweramp an (even) better audio player with easier and better playback controls, still more accurate audio, and other useful features - rather than making it into the Instagram of sound. Just IMHO anyway.

Andre

Yeah that's the main focus right now, which means something like this might not happen just yet. We have to refine Poweramp, improve it, and add great new important functions like Google Music etc.

So for now, I'm not sure if this is going to be possible for quite some time.

• 4 years later...
On 26/06/2012 at 10:11 PM, Enitoni said:

Who doesn't like taking the head phone jack a little bit out, to make the vocals sound like in a long hallway? Or making some of the synths a bit weird?

Sadly, not all headphone jacks can do this, so what I am requesting, is a vocal remover knob (optional ofcourse) Make it in a category along with other effects, name?

Experimental, Fun, Misc or Effects, I already love this app, so what about some fun in it too? Also effects or enchantment knobs could go there, along with stereo x, layout?

Try making a button that opens this little window with all these effects, or maybe another screen? You name it.

Anyway I would like to see some of the community give ideas for the effects , and as always, constructive criticism is appreciated.

Feature Ideas:

I just came to ask for the VERY SAME feature, based on the very same explanation. 
Please, try to add a vocal remover feature. 
PS: sometimes a stereo system may come with a button that not always gives the same experience we have when we pull half the plug. The feature must correspond to the half-plug cheat.

• 3 years later...

Hello.

I hope that the Vocal Remover come ture too.

I used Walkman before buying Poweramp. My walkman has a Vocal Remover and pitch controll and I love it, so I want those features.

This topic is a little old, so please think about these features again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2012 at 2:11 AM, Enitoni said:

Feature Ideas:

I agree with all of these. Perhaps for the separate Poweramp EQ app.

Just an idea that for the main Poweramp app these features could exist as a Demo as a way to advertise the Poweramp EQ app :)

Don't forget other effects (Fx) to be included such as Retro audio cassette Rewind sound and Vinyl record needle scratch effect as I've raised in this link here: https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/1126-a-retro-cassette-rewind-noise-effect/

I hope Max and the community can support.

Archived