Poweramp v2 build-588/589 [updated: 3 Sep 2016]

Download Poweramp build-588 (or use the new 'Downloads' tab at the top of the page)
Download Poweramp HD Skins build-8

NOTE: 860xxx build under Spoiler below is for Intel based devices - it brings 2x-6x reduced CPU usage and better battery life for such devices. You can install the intel optimized version on devices with Intel inside logo. It won't work on ARM based devices. If you install this one you won't be able to install 'usual' version without full reinstall and settings loss!

Spoiler

Recent Changelog:

• 589: fixed issue with Android 6.0 @ Intel based devices (build exists for Intel devices only)
  • 588: album art downloading update
  • 587: rebuilt with previous Android Build Tools version to fix UI language selection (Android 4.4-
  • 586: fixed embed covers @ Samsung S7/E
  • 586: added link to v3.0 test build (Settings, Android4.1+/ARM-only)     
  • 585: fixed album art downloading
  • 584: fixed couple of minor issues @ Android 6.0
  • 583: fixed tag editing on SD card @ Android 6.0
  • 583: fixed issue which prevented some skins from loading on Sony devices @ Android 5.0+
  • 582: fixed issue with seekbar @ Android 6.0

If for any reason you have problems when you install the latest build, you can re-download older versions of the Regular (ARM) Builds or the Intel Chipset Versions. Caution should always be advised when rolling back any software, just in case new settings or features may have been added which may no longer be compatible with older versions. You'll probably be fine of course, but install at your own risk.

Spoiler

Old direct download links (now obsolete after the new forum 'Downloads' tab)

Regular (ARM) versions:

Download Poweramp build-584
Download Poweramp build-582
Download Poweramp build-581
Download Poweramp build-580

Intel-only versions (see note above to ensure you have the correct device for these versions):

Download Poweramp build-588 INTEL ONLY VERSION

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I updated to 564, but the tags are not saved as tags in files. Furthermore the file attribut "last change" are not updated. :(

Saving ratings to tags was not listed in the update list for 564, which just contained the three bug fixes referred to in post #5, (Post #5??? Where has the rest of this thread gone to?)

Andre

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have a problem with Poweramp v2.0.9. build 564, where me when my headset buttons do not work - pause / play and previous / next. In previous versions of me it worked right, you can help me in setting or do I have to wait for the new update, where it will no longer work as intended. I own a cell phone LG G3 version D855.

Excuse my English I am from Czech Republic and I am writing through the compiler.

Thank you for your response.

Regards

Tomas Lenoch

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, some time ago I updated my Motorola XT890 to official beta version of Android 4.4.2. After that Poweramp plays noticeable quieter than rest players (Aimp, BubbleUPNP, Folder Player) and in my opinion quality of sound is worse. I have second XT890 on stock 4.1.2 and it's working fine, sound is like on every other player.
I tried trick with DVC MusicFX and few others found on this forum and XDA and still no luck. Problem is on headphones and Bluetooth. I have no other equalizers than stock (which is turned off) and no other sound improvement apps.

Hope it can be fixed.

Hi, some time ago I updated my Motorola XT890 to official beta version of Android 4.4.2. After that Poweramp plays noticeable quieter than rest players (Aimp, BubbleUPNP, Folder Player) and in my opinion quality of sound is worse. I have second XT890 on stock 4.1.2 and it's working fine, sound is like on every other player.

I tried trick with DVC MusicFX and few others found on this forum and XDA and still no luck. Problem is on headphones and Bluetooth. I have no other equalizers than stock (which is turned off) and no other sound improvement apps.

Hope it can be fixed.

Try disable DVC for Bluetooth;

Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks > BT Direct Volume Control

Done, but no effect. When I turn off DVC for headphones audio is more quieter than usual and worse quality than normal. When I have DVC On every system sound like keyboard, screen lock etc. making volume jumping up for a second and back to normal. When I turn off DVC problem with system sound disappear but like I said music is worse quality and quieter. 

Done, but no effect. When I turn off DVC for headphones audio is more quieter than usual and worse quality than normal. When I have DVC On every system sound like keyboard, screen lock etc. making volume jumping up for a second and back to normal. When I turn off DVC problem with system sound disappear but like I said music is worse quality and quieter. 

Is EQ turned on of off? Try turning up the preamp to the highest available setting, also try turning on the "limiter".

EQ is turned off. When preamp is higher than middle sound is really distorted. No difference when limiter is on or off except reset of preamp when I turn limiter. I tested almost every player from Play Store and only Poweramp and Smart Audiobook Player has this problem. 

EQ is turned off. When preamp is higher than middle sound is really distorted. No difference when limiter is on or off except reset of preamp when I turn limiter. I tested almost every player from Play Store and only Poweramp and Smart Audiobook Player has this problem. 

That's strange because if DVC is turned off, the preamp is disabled/doesn't do anything so long as EQ is disabled.

Poweramp build-565

- optimizations for large number of albums/folders in Albums/Folders lists and grids

- improved image caching for the scrolling buttery in Albums/Folders lists (Android 4+, 3rd party skins may vary)    

- Music Folders selection dialog revamp/optimization for large storages

- filter support for View As Grid 

- fixed crash for large number of albums with images for some CM variants

- Poweramp doesn't create .pamp files (folder thumbnails) anymore

- better support for skins on Lollipop (skin updates may be required)

- fixed/polished things for Lollipop in various areas

- skinned dialogs now order buttons according to default platform order

- few other fixes and small improvements

Is the latest version on Google Play store? Because Google Play here in Japan lists 2.0.9-build-564-play as the latest, relased on 15th Sep.

No, you need to download the latest versions from the first post in this forum until they are migrated to Google. Part of the reason is to allow the folks here a bit of time to test and report any issues before a more widespread release to several million users.

Andre

No, you need to download the latest versions from the first post in this forum until they are migrated to Google. Part of the reason is to allow the folks here a bit of time to test and report any issues before a more widespread release to several million users.

Andre

Thanks. I get the idea :)

Chamelleon

We don't change Poweramp sound engine in v2.0 and Poweramp can't sound bad unless you "tweaked" Equ/Tone/Other audio options in it too much - in this case it's recommended to reset with Long press on Reset button in Equalizer screen.

These are mostly Lollipop and related fixes and polishings, which are not actual for x86 platform, but we'll do an update for x86 when 2.0.10 is stabilized (probably in a week or so).

Thanks!