Save rating/cover in file

Hork

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I would forward this request.

Maybe its possible via the API to sync the ratings in the library with the ID3-tags?

If you push me in the right direction, i could try to code a tool for it...

thank in advance,

saegi

I would purchase Poweramp if it supported global ratings in mp3's. My trial just expired and I finally uninstalled it with sadness. I love the app but if it doesn't support ratings then I can't justify spending money on it. I know this request/topic has been requested many times but it hasn't really been addressed recently. Is there any hope that this will be included in a future release any time soon?

Crossing fingers,

Joel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

+1 for both for me... I am sadly uninstalling my full version purchased Poweramp after using, and generally loving, it for the past 2 months... But ratings not being saved in MP3s when set, as well as albums not being embedded just ruins it for me. Those two features are near the top (if not at THE top) of my list.

Also, the autoscan bug that wiped out my playlists really sucked as well. I will be checking back in later hoping these features are added so I can put it back on my new S3.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Andre,

Just saw your post. The trouble with android is that the media database does not provide a ratings tag so there is nowhere to write this ratings information. I have previously suggested that you can create playlists using the ratings tag and export to m3u so when you move phone, at least you have something to work with.

If you have other ideas let me know please.

I meant physically writing the ratings from the Poweramp database back into the ID3 tags in the actual music files, using the POPM tag (which can also optionally store play counts if the user wants them). That's what I'd personally like Poweramp to do natively, but not sure quite when that might happen...

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Going to give this a go as new functionality for New Playlist Manager

<Header for 'Popularimeter', ID: "POPM">

Email to user <text string> $00

Rating $xx

Counter $xx xx xx xx (xx ...)

where I will try and use the information of the Poweramp database Rating and Times Played to update the tag on the mp3 file.

As the value for rating is from 0 - 250, I suggest to multiply by 50, so a rating of 5 becomes 250.

Update:

to go back to the original post

"is there any way that a rating/cover that I give to a song is saved in the actual file so that it is still there when I transfer it to my computer?

"

The next version of New Playlist Manager will have this functionality. It updates the ID3V2_3 Popularimeter Tag  as described above 

and comment Tag  of the actual mp3 track. 

Although you work with android playlists in this app, it searches the Poweramp database for each track and return the values for Rating and Times Played.  These are then used to update the track. The easiest way to do this would be to use the Criteria > Ratings option and create a playlist for each of the possible values (0 to 5). Then update the tags for each playlist.

If you copy the tracks to your PC and list them showing the ratings column you will see the result. Alternatively, to see all the details, use a tool such as FileTagSleuth.

Apart from some testing, I plan to release this by the end of the week ending 17/10/15.

• 1 month later...

Can't Poweramp just write the rating to an m3u8 file?  m3u8 is a pretty flexible schema, they could easily just add a #RATING, #RATE, or whatever, directive.  It would probably be ignored by other vendors, but who cares?  At least you'd be able to import your ratings again when the unthinkable happens and you lose all your saved settings, etc.

An m3u playlist file simply contains the path of the track. It does not hold other details. If you want to preserve your rating then you can write it to the popm tag of the mp3 track by using New Playlist Manager. For more details follow this link

http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/3023-save-ratingcover-in-file/

In testing the latest version of New Playlist Manager on android AVD (Android Virtual Device) Marsmallow, I notice that when I select Update mp3 tag, it generates a crash for Poweramp.

It appears to be related to a permission issue when my app tries to access the provider //com.maxmpz.audioplayer.data/.  Anyone using my app with Marshmallow? Are you having this issue? 

I will post this also in the developer section with some additional detail.

• 4 weeks later...

Any news on this without need of the playlist manager?

i often sync my sd card with windows to edit the id3tags and covers with musicbee and want to read my ratings i made in Poweramp.

I read that this feature is requested over 4 years now!!  :o

• 7 months later...

Archived