Google Music Support

Hi,

I have all my music library uploaded to Google Music, and I would like to play offline music direclty into Poweramp.

I just got an external app "Offline Music Importer", but it simply move music from Google Cache to another location adding back name and i3d tag.

This is very annoing, and i do not like move music across SD Card every time.

A great feature to add to Power Amp would be the ability to read Google Music Offline library directly, without importing music in another folder.

Thanks

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This feature is actually the very reason I joined these forums. I have Poweramp reading those files exactly where they are without having to move them or copy them which is nice, but it doesn't recognize their Id's and it's annoying not being able to sort out play lists or to even just look at all songs by artist because it can't read them. Really looking forward to this feature!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Signed up just to post on this thread. I've stopped using Poweramp because it doesn't deal with Google Music that is stored on the device. This would be a great feature.

Same here. If there is some unexplained delay with cloud storage support, at least it should deal with music saved via google music.

Devs are just sitting on it at this point.

All you need to do to have Poweramp use Google Music tracks downloaded via the app is make sure that the folder Google Music saves to is selected as a folder to scan in Poweramp. I've been using it that way for a long time now.

That's one way to do it.

Max is still working very hard on 3.0, along with the others that are involved, when that update is released.. that's when Google Music support will be fully implemented. Max does not work on an ETA bases either, so we can't really provide one.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived