Now track info via Bluetooth

Power Amp 2.0.5 build 483

Android 2.3.6

Droid RAZR Maxx 6.12.173

I am linked to my car and using default music player I was able to disbale the playing track info on the car's display, but using Power Amp it does nto show any track info. Songs play and I can skip or go back, but track displayed is missing. I have used Root to freeze the 2 stock players that come iwth th phone.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/1291-title-display-on-bluetooth-headset/

http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/527-avrcp-1314/

The feature largely relies on the native bluetooth stack on the phones being updated to a newer version (so that it supports at least AVRCP v1.3). On most phones, this is not likely to happen.

The bluetooth stack in CyanogenMod supports this feature, it remains for it to be implemented in 3rd party players (i.e. Poweramp)

I have the same problem. Works fine with the stock Android app on my Samsung Galaxy S2: I get the song title, artist etc. When I switch to Poweramp, whilst the controls still work - the song names don't appear. In fact, the song name I last played (on the stock player) stays on my Bluetooth display which is annoying - because I certainly ain't listening to James Blunt 24x7 ;-)

Please add this feature to allow me to get the full experience of FLAC + Bluetooth control/display working in my car. Please!!!

A definite must have feature. If possible, please include this feature in the next release. I'm currently running ICS on Galaxy Note and default music player (Google Music) shows all the info on my car radio but Poweramp doesn't. I know that it has something to with the Bluetooth stack but it would be great if you guys can find a work around.

• 1 month later...

AOKP's recent Ice Cream Sandwich build 32 implemented AVRCP 1.3, which worked with stock music player and Google Player. Build 33 now supports Poweramp (and several other third-party players) for display of titles and artists via reading Scrobbling data from the app. This won't help those running stock OS, but is an option for those who are willing to run a custom ROM.

Another vote for this feature. I have a Motorola Razr MAXX that I play to about 15 different Bluetooth devices. Some have displays and using the default OS player, those displays show track info, but when using Poweramp nothing it displayed. Would be nice if this worked!!

Bruce.

This is definitely a must have. As a paying costumer, I must say I was a bit disappointed when I saw this working with the stock samsung galaxy s 2 Music player and not with your (otherwise excellent) Poweramp player. I add my vote to this feature request and am confident that it will be looked into as there are many of us interested. Keep up the good work! Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Indeed, this one feature being left out of Poweramp is the only reason i use my SGS2 stock music player with my bluetooth in my car.

Granted 5 bucks wasn't a lot to pay for an app, but when a stock android music player can do something this simple, and our paid top tier music app cannot, there is an issue.

Signed up here so that I can also request this feature so that I can see track names on my RNS510 (car stereo). I'll be reverting back to the stock player (just found & installed a widget for it) until this feature is added. Thanks.

Hi, truly better sound, settings, and more fun to use than the stock player on my razr. Too much loading, an ordinary widget, no EQ, and not always an auto play on the BT, but shows song title in my car with the stock one. I've also tried most of the player available on google play, and Poweramp is my favorite...

...but like others, the ONLY thing missing here is showing the song title in my car. I would really love if you could arrange this for us all.

With the transparent (clear) widget, the quality and power of the sound, all the cool setting like auto-play on the BT/A2DP, the easy search songs or folder...you would be far away from other music players if you could add this feature.

Thanks for the good work up to here.

• 5 months later...

Latest Poweramp versions send appropriate metadata Intents - where ROM supports sending of such info via AVRCP - it works (Samsungs, Motorolas, probably, some HTCs) - provided that Settings=>Misc=>Tweaks=>Send Metachanged Intent is checked (which is ON, by default). There is also additional option (Send Album-Artist...) for BT headsets like SE MW 600 (which displays just title of the track).

Thanks!

Archived