Car Skin with Larger Fonts

Anthos

I'm sure many of us use Poweramp in their car to play their music through the car system. I've searched for a skin that would utilize the screen for bigger fonts as it's difficult to see the info on our phones whilst driving but found none.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Anthos

-------------------------

EDIT

Despite searching before posting (I really did!), I just found a previous feature request so I apologize for posting the same request.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The default skin is fine with me, BUT the need for larger fonts is whats keeping me from actually purchasing this app. There is plenty of room for larger fonts, especially for the time total/elapsed/remaining, and on the Equalizer.

I have an average size 4" SAMOLED display, and the default nanoscopic fonts are just crazy small.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I approve the urgent need to make Poweramp less dangerous when driving... I sometimes found myself to strive to read simply my new music titles... and slighlty swerving my car from its natural course.... It would be marvelous to simple have a basic skin without any extra information other than the title, the artist and a playlist counter... even Previous/Next buttons are sometimes superflous when switching from a bluetooth headset.... In fact, it would be GREAT ! to be able in Poweramp to choose exactly what you want to display on your screen, addtionnaly to font size and colors... well, what is classical for so many programs... customizing any skin individually...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Did anything ever come of the promise from Poweramp to come up with car friendly skins?

I use my Galaxy S3 with the 4.8" screen in landscape mode for my media center in the car. The buttons in Poweramp are soooo tiny that I'm ready to give up on Poweramp unless I can find a skin with larger buttons and more stripped down interface.

Well, no response.

Anyways,, I downloaded about 20 different music players. "Mort Player" and "Rocket Player" had excellent, large-button & simple landscape screens for the car environment. Mort Player actually had a built in theme specifically for cars. Once I selected that, it was great.

Wish I could get my money back on Poweramp if they aren't going to support this feature.

SUCKS REAL BAD FOR CAR:

Fusion, Cubed, Jet Audio, Poweramp, Music Player, n7player, Shuttle and Z Player.

BAD FOR CAR:

Doubletwist and Winamp

OKAY FOR CAR:

GoneMAD

MixZing

PlayerPro (after tweaking)

GOOD FOR CAR:

Mort Player and Rocket Player

• 2 months later...

A car skin is very important for safety while driving.

You need biig icons and letters.

I tryed to increase the dPI on my nexus7 to enlarge the UI but the 'Tone" window get messed. The controls are all over the place and in some DPI resolutions only a few controls show up.

Please, consider an optional BIG interface for cars.

• 5 months later...

It is unfortunate that almost 2 years after i started this thread and after people asking for a car skin with LARGER fonts, nothing has been done despite having been told in a couple of threads that a car skin would be developed.

• 3 weeks later...

LOL

It is unfortunate that almost 2 years after i started this thread and after people asking for a car skin with LARGER fonts, nothing has been done despite having been told in a couple of threads that a car skin would be developed.

Hey it's the norm around here.

I was very keen on this feature also but feature requests in general don't have much hope.

I doubt that the dev even reads this thread or even cares what people ask for.

Poweramp could be so much better and with the word "power" in the tittle you would think that staying ahead of the rest and providing amazing features would be the main drive (specially when people would be happy to pay extra for them).

BUT NO....

However, there's a player that is very good and has a nice large interface... Rocket Music Player

It has good features (even the free version) so maybe using that until the year 2019 arrives (when Poweramp catches up) would be the only fix.

• 4 months later...

I'm legally blind and have difficulty reading the song titles in the app. It seems this request has fallen on deaf ears. Just the same, this feature would be beneficial to me in so many ways. The current font is just way too small.

• 2 weeks later...

This definitely would be nice especially if Poweramp ever gets voice commands. Another car friendly tweak that would be nice for is maybe to have it pause or play when to you tap on the album art since its such a big space

• 3 months later...

I'm yet another user looking for a car friendly skin!

Going blind fast trying to read the tiny font of the mp3 tags whilst driving.   I know that we probably shouldn't be trying to read a smmall screen while driving, but we all do.

Just a quick glance of course ;)

• 2 years later...
On 2/1/2012 at 11:32 AM, Anthos said:

I'm sure many of us use these awesome Best CBD Oils in their car to play their music through the car system. I've searched for a skin that would utilize the screen for bigger fonts as it's difficult to see the info on our phones whilst driving but found none.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Anthos

-------------------------

EDIT

Despite searching before posting (I really did!), I just found a previous feature request so I apologize for posting the same request.

Have to admit as someone who uses it in their car this would be awesome if there was a skin for cars.

Archived